Finally found a buyer for it! (DS Phat)

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone's willing to buy my white Phat for $220 including my acekard2 and 8gb microsd. Thing is, I value my Phat so much more because I was the one who case modded it,
wub.gif
and I feel like I shouldn't take less than $300 for it. I know that may sound crazy, but all the games on there, the movies, music, homebrew, etc. I guess I'm just weird, it's funny how you put work into something, and in the end, you want to keep it.
cry.gif
But there are some reasons to sell my Phat too...

- Wifi cable broke
- the touch screen is somewhat discolored (whites look purple for some reason)
- fitment issues with the case
- the closing mechanism isn't perfect
- lots of scratches on touch screen

reasons to keep it

- it's white, lol.
- better speakers/sound than my lite.

Idk, I think I'm going crazy, what do you guys think? I have extra acekards anyway, and my 8GB microsd is a Class 2 (battery consumption FTL)
dry.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JDMEVOIXMR said:
Someone's willing to buy my white Phat for $220 including my acekard2 and 8gb microsd. Thing is, I value my Phat so much more because I was the one who case modded it,
wub.gif
and I feel like I shouldn't take less than $300 for it. I know that may sound crazy, but all the games on there, the movies, music, homebrew, etc. I guess I'm just weird, it's funny how you put work into something, and in the end, you want to keep it.
cry.gif
But there are some reasons to sell my Phat too...

- Wifi cable broke
- the touch screen is somewhat discolored (whites look purple for some reason)
- fitment issues with the case
- the closing mechanism isn't perfect
- lots of scratches on touch screen

reasons to keep it

- it's white, lol.
- better speakers/sound than my lite.

Idk, I think I'm going crazy, what do you guys think? I have extra acekards anyway, and my 8GB microsd is a Class 2 (battery consumption FTL)
dry.gif

I'd sell.

I don't think Phats go for more then 50 bucks nowadays.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell would pay 220 for that?
You're lucky, you could just go buy a new phat and mod it with plenty of money leftover for an SDHC and Acekard, even though you already have extras.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JDMEVOIXMR said:
Update, she doesn't want the Phat, she wants the acekard, I decided to sell it for $150. Wish me luck guys!
smile.gif
In Canada, that's exactly how much it would be worth.

100 bucks for the micro sdhc, and 50 bucks for the acekard 2.

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, I've sold a DS Phat with an M3 Real with Sakura for $120, and an iTouch with Sakura for $110, and a DSTT for $110. =)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
it's smart business, but so damn ethically wrong.

you wouldn't like the same to be done to you, but chances are it will happen in most peoples lives.

then again, as long as they never find out the real worth, i guess its a different story..

the perceived value to them is still great, and that is actually making them happy... i guess ignorance is bliss lol.

same could be said for a lot of luxury products though eh lol.

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Way to rip off people. I hate when people do that, because I hate ripping people off. I buy my DSTTs for $12-$13 and sell them for $20.

Yes, I feel bad about it too. But if people are willing to buy, then why not? I don't force it into people, I just post ads on craigslist. Believe it or not, it does involve labor, the labor of downloading, extracting and transferring the games they want onto the microSD on a computer with 256MB of RAM
dry.gif

Some people simply do not have the time or know how to put games or homebrew on a flash cart. I offered someone flashcarts before for $20 and told them that I'll show them how to put the stuff on there, but they said they don't want to deal with that, they don't have time. Besides, parents won't have to keep spending $35 for each game anymore, they can rest assured that their kid has 60-100 games on their flash cart. I know a parent who bought their kid about 20 games in the span of 3 months...that's like $700! Compared to getting as many games as they want on a flash cart, it'll only cost them $150 or so.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hang on, so you're selling MicroSD cards with games already loaded on them for an extra $130... and this doesn't strike you as a problem?
unsure.gif

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am if they are willing to pay. See in economics, there are utils. Utils exist in people's minds, it's how much value a person puts on a good or service. If they value the microSD loaded with games enough to pay $130 for it, then that's their choice. I already offered the flash cart to them at $20 and I told them to get a microsd, but they say they don't want to put the games on it. I never forced anyone to buy, I just post ads and wait to be contacted. Do you really think it cost apple $299 to make one iPod Touch? That was once the retail price of the 8GB, which is now $229. It's up to them if they want to buy it, and all I'm doing is fulfilling their wishes.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 for a problem. Call it hypocritical if you want but I believe that using content for your own use and selling said content to someone else are two very different things. And the latter being despicable. On the flip side of things there is hypocrisy in selling the content when you didn't want to pay for it yourself.

Back on topic... HOLY CRAP! That chick that is going to buy the AK must not have the internets and doesn't know that flash carts can be had for cheaper. Do the import taxes screw deals that badly there?

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, how about I'm selling the hardware but the software is free. I sell them the components and I tell them I can put any games they want for free
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

It's not stealing, it's copyright infringement actually
wink.gif

Still so so wrong >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to +1