Finally giving in - Moving from SXOS to Atmosphere

FliP0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't use my Switch as much and now it is mainly used as a Home Console for Local Multiplayer and Party Games.
For reference; I own 2 Switches. One is "modified" and the other is kept legit for online games such as Pokemon etc.

For years I've used SXOS because I enjoyed the XCI loading feature and being able to store my library on an external SSD that is connected to the dock and simply switch games on demand.
I've loaded Atmosphere several times to check it out, but always downgraded back to be able to use XCI (mainly, because I was too lazy to make the switch and since patching XCIs to work on lower firmwares does not work as reliable anymore).

I've researched and informed myself a couple of months ago, but have not yet made the upgrade and transfer to Atmosphere.

I already have Atsmophere and everything required to load it on my SD card. I don't have any EmuNAND or anything else. Since this modified Switch will never be used online, I have no fear of getting it banned.

The way I remember it, making the switch is as simple as removing SXOS from the SD Card and just load into Atmosphere instead.

My main question now is, how do I go from there? Do I need to uninstall everything I ever installed with SXOS? Can I simply install/overwrite the games again on Atmosphere using the title installers (I don't recall the names right now, was Goldleaf one of the installers?).

I would prefer to keep my save files, not sure if uninstalling the games will wipe the save data too.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use my Switch as much and now it is mainly used as a Home Console for Local Multiplayer and Party Games.
For reference; I own 2 Switches. One is "modified" and the other is kept legit for online games such as Pokemon etc.

For years I've used SXOS because I enjoyed the XCI loading feature and being able to store my library on an external SSD that is connected to the dock and simply switch games on demand.
I've loaded Atmosphere several times to check it out, but always downgraded back to be able to use XCI (mainly, because I was too lazy to make the switch and since patching XCIs to work on lower firmwares does not work as reliable anymore).

I've researched and informed myself a couple of months ago, but have not yet made the upgrade and transfer to Atmosphere.

I already have Atsmophere and everything required to load it on my SD card. I don't have any EmuNAND or anything else. Since this modified Switch will never be used online, I have no fear of getting it banned.

The way I remember it, making the switch is as simple as removing SXOS from the SD Card and just load into Atmosphere instead.

My main question now is, how do I go from there? Do I need to uninstall everything I ever installed with SXOS? Can I simply install/overwrite the games again on Atmosphere using the title installers (I don't recall the names right now, was Goldleaf one of the installers?).

I would prefer to keep my save files, not sure if uninstalling the games will wipe the save data too.
Your thread was responded to over here. Please use that thread instead for any future inquiries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1