ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening Same-Sex Marriage (+ More)

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, Olivia seems to have a lot of Sprites.

I'm working on a full sprite Dump of All playable Units, I think I also included some other units of interest in there such as Phila, Excellus, Validar, etc
Oh yeah, looks like she has some unique ones too! I wonder how many do...

ProNiteBite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to create a new game I get into the character creation screen, it zooms in on the male character, and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening?

rambon99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, the file contains a table full of pointers.

For every reclass option you add to a character, you have to take the address of where you added the class (say it's added at 0xA46B), you would need to subtract 0x20 from the address, so from 0xA46B, minus 0x20 would make it 0xA44B, then you flip the bytes, also remember that pointers are 4 bytes, so the value would be 4B A4 00 00, then you'd add this pointer to the pointers table.

The Address at 0x00 and 0x01 are the filesize, the bytes are flipped, the 0x04 and 0x05 is a pointer to where the pointer table starts, flip the bytes, add 0x20, and in that address is where you will find the start of the pointer table.

0x08 and 0x09 are the values for how many pointers are located within the pointers table, values are also flipped.

Note that to add new pointers to the pointers table, you'd have to move the Map Sprite data located above it to the end of the file, just copy/paste it to the end and repoint the character's "Mystert Pointer" to the end of the file where you moved their sprite data, and then your free to go up from there and start adding pointers to the pointer table, remember to increase the value at 0x08 by one each time you add a pointer, and just remember to change the values at 0x04 and 0x05 to reflect the new start of the pointer table.

This was explained in greater detail, I'll find the post and link it.

Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-awakening-same-sex-marriage-more.404061/page-14#post-5893912
Ok, I read the guide but I still have a few questions. The map sprite data moving is what tilde hat told us to do in his guide, right? Also, where would I write new male reclass options for, say, Sully? Is there a specific place I have to put each character's new class or how is there another way to link them?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ok, I read the guide but I still have a few questions. The map sprite data moving is what tilde hat told us to do in his guide, right? Also, where would I write new male reclass options for, say, Sully? Is there a specific place I have to put each character's new class or how is there another way to link them?
Yes, the 0xA8 bytes he says to move around are the "Mystery Pointer" in the nightmare module, which is indeed the map sprite data.

Our good friend TildeHat also mapped out the character block inside static.bin here, same picture as below.
zFl2Vkv.png

funkylandia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@DeathChaos25 @UnassumingVenusaur
Awesome guys! This feels like christmas :P

Btw unassuming, in terms of organizing the support creation. You could use my tool (in a more advanced stage) and host contests or something in reddit/serenes, where they only need to post the resulting code. The only thing you'll need is a spreadsheet or something to track the supports left.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick Question. Does this simple add a function for S Supports but without Support conversation? And if so where do the text come from (obviously not Nintendo)?

Edit : nevermind

Last edited by Xen0,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the 0xA8 bytes he says to move around are the "Mystery Pointer" in the nightmare module, which is indeed the map sprite data.

Our good friend TildeHat also mapped out the character block inside static.bin here, same picture as below.
zFl2Vkv.png
Wait a second, "lord status" does this mean we could let, say, owain or morgan wield the Falchion?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question. Does this simple add a function for S Supports but without Support conversation? And if so where do the text come from (obviously not Nintendo)?
For now, none have convos, but we're working on that and I already have a few constructed but not released.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes!

male(00), female (01), an MU (20 with female being 21) or Lord (22 for Chrom 23 for Lucina)
Wait, so if we changed owain's spot there to a 22, what would happen?

funkylandia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll upload all the changes here: https://github.com/funkylandia/FE-Awakening-ConversationGenerator
I'll let you know each time I make a big change

What's new:
- Added a BGM selector with a player for hearing the song (link to a zip with the songs in the readme).
- Added a type of conversation box selector (for normal and yelling).

What's next:
- Edit/Delete Option
- More emotions
- Voice clip selector
- Emotions/Voice selector for middle of conversation
- Pretty UI: Readable conversation
- Pretty UI: Add emotion sprites

Last edited by funkylandia,

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://i.imgur.com/laxUTmq.png
laxUTmq.png
Added some stuff with the character block.
The hard mode and lunatic mode boost take whatever's in the slot * growth + some variance and adds that to the base stats when enco.
For battle music just write out a label that is the name of the music file and point to it.
Birthday is... birthday.
And I think the last two bytes are related to map sprites or something. Validar has 00 0C as his last two bytes and those are the bytes for his map sprite.

Also for lord status I made a mistake. 20 is for logbook/generic MU. 24 and 25 are for male and female MU respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow