Hacking ROM Hack Fire Emblem Engage Mod Discussion

Kagetsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've been trying to find ways to mod the game, after seeing multiple examples on twitter and reddit. The game uses Unity, however, I have yet to come across a way to even extract the data from the files. For context, I've dumped the game files through ryujinx (the RomFS files) and tried loading it with Asset Studio or even Asset Ripper but nothing works. If anyone has any other methods they know of please share them.

Here are some of the examples I mentioned to show that it is actually possible:

Playable Eve -

Casual clothes Celine and Chloe -

Playable rulers -

Some stuff posted by DeathChaos, who datamined FEE:

To those who are curious on how to even dump the files, Just load the game in ryujinx->Right click and then extract data-> RomFS or ExeFS depending on what you want -> select where to extract to and voila, you're done.

_Ms_

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Not sure what problem you are having with AssetStudio, you only need to manually specify the unity version of the game, which can be found on data.unity3d

Reactions: binkinator

NielsGx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
How tf can you edit a character model and put it back in AssetStudio ??
with UABE I can export it to .obj/.dae and modify in Blender, but idk how to re-import, only raw/dump import is possible, and idk how to make my blender file in that "format"

Kagetsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Not sure what problem you are having with AssetStudio, you only need to manually specify the unity version of the game, which can be found on data.unity3d

Yeah, after screwing around a little more, I remembered I had a Hex editor, and checked data.unity3d and got the version. Now Asset Studio is able to open the files, though some gibberish can be seen. Guess that's some custom stuff they made. Will take a look at it with UABE

How tf can you edit a character model and put it back in AssetStudio ??
with UABE I can export it to .obj/.dae and modify in Blender, but idk how to re-import, only raw/dump import is possible, and idk how to make my blender file in that "format"
I'm kinda stuck at this point as well. From what I can see on gamerbanana, the mods are simple stuff which just adjust some data values in an xml. However, there is also some texture swap mods, like the one with Lapis. These guys are somehow able to recompress the files back to a unity .bundle file. If we can crack that making any kind of mod should be viable.

Kimkadamura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you extract assettable.xml from assettable.xml.bundle with uabe you can do something like this
asdasdjha.PNG

Kalkano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to mod in the ground-level combat camera that was in Three Houses, or would you basically need the entire source code to do something like that. I'm very disappointed that that wasn't included in the game, and hoping it can be added in.

Edgeworth-dude

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
This is a newbie question but does anyone know how I can edit the game text and save the changes? I extracted it using AssetStudio and AssetBundleExtractor but it is full of strange artifacts and I don't think it will work when I recompress it. Isn't there an easy way to do it, like using a msbt file?

MintedTea

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a newbie question but does anyone know how I can edit the game text and save the changes? I extracted it using AssetStudio and AssetBundleExtractor but it is full of strange artifacts and I don't think it will work when I recompress it. Isn't there an easy way to do it, like using a msbt file?

1) Extract the desired game text file using UABEA (the bytes.bundle of your choosing)

2) Grab the "MSBT Editor" tool from GameBanana (can't link it here because gbatemp)

3) Load up the extracted .bytes file and edit away

4) Repack using UABEA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT