Hacking Need help extracting/ripping sprites from Touhou Spell Bubble!

kirbikomeiji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly as the title says! I've been trying to rip sprites from this game as a project for about a year now and I'm basically at the end of my rope.

My method for extracting this game is:
  • Using nxdumptool to dump the game's ROMfs
  • Moving the ROMfs from my SD to my PC
  • Extracting the files using both AssetStudioGUI and Asset Ripper
The problem I'm having is that the game I'm trying to rip from has had updates come out over its lifespan, of which contains several characters not included in the base game. Attached to this post are two images: the first of which was extracted from the base game using AssetStudioGUI, while the second was extracted from the updated game. The second image seems to be similar to several instances I've seen of swizzled images due to the game being Switch exclusive.

I've been trying to find out for too long why the game does this and no amount of unswizzling methods have helped me at all. I'm wondering if it has to do with the update itself, since whenever I've tried opening the ROMfs, Asset Studio always gives me a set or errors shown in the third attached image. These errors don't show up when I view the base game in it.

I really would like some help getting this done properly. I don't have a very deep knowledge on game dumping and it would be really cool if someone who knows more than me could help out!

Attachments

• base game extraction.png
    base game extraction.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 52
  • updated image extraction.png
    updated image extraction.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Illustration3.png
    Illustration3.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch