ROM Hack Fire Emblem: Fates - FE1 Remake

TildeHat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a remake of FE1/FE11 using Fire Emblem Fates as a base. This is fully completed and you can play start to finish. It has all 25 chapters from Shadow Dragon as well as the five Gaiden chapters from the DS remake (No you do not need to purge your army to access them).

Screenshots:
CH6.png
ch15-png.380696
Fire Emblem Fates_03.06.23_12.21.15.221.png

Fire Emblem Fates_06.05.23_10.25.14.844.png
Fire Emblem Fates_29.05.23_22.24.32.853.png
Download Available at: https://gamebanana.com/mods/452507

Features present in this remake:

All Maps recreated in full 3D
Character Specific Promotions
Skill sets learned on a character basis
Shops available on maps
Weapon uses
DSFE Styled Map saves
New skills and weapons
Xane's Imitation
Generic replacements if you lose enough of your army
39 Save Slots

The North American Version of the Special Edition of Fates is required to play this remake.

Notes:
If you are playing on a physical 3DS it is recommended to build a cia to avoid luma lag. I won't be going through the process here.
If you want to uninstall this Mod please remember to delete all your save files associated with it before playing Regular/Modded Fates again. This includes the Global save.
Don't try to load save files from Regular/Modded Fates.
Obviously don't try to merge other mods with this mod.

Credits:
DeathChaos - Help with first chapter. Model ports of Mage, Sage, and Trickster. Original FEH portrait porting for chapter 1.
Thane98 - Paragon, Exalt, FEFeditor, Fates Script.
Sierra - Porting various Shadow Dragon OSTs. Playtesting.
Moonling - Created Materials for body/hair models. FEAT fork. Erebus and help with animation/magic effect info. Weapon and item Icons.
Kobazco - Porting Mage, Sage and War Monk map sprites. Initial draft of Chapter 6. Original draft of character UI and character descriptions.
circleseverywhere - NNM2CSV
AmbiguousPresences - Ruby Script packer/unpacker, Aset unpacker
YiannisG - Original drafts of promoted textures for Gordin, Abel, Cain, Matthis, Barst, Athena, Navarre, Merric, Vyland. Class Texutres for Bosses.
SciresM - FEAT
Rainthunder - Fates NNM
Serenesforest - Shadow Dragon OST rip
Nintenlord - FEDS Text Editor Utility

Attachments

• CH15.png
    CH15.png
    1 MB · Views: 112
Last edited by TildeHat,

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, this looks STUNNING! I have Shadow Dragon on the DS and young me was so stoked to play it, but these days, I'm a bit unimpressed by it, so I think this ROM hack has amazing potential for a fresh new coat of paint with the new mechanics I liked enough from the newer games. Is the script taken straight from Shadow Dragon? It seems like it, but it's been a long while since I last played.

Either way, I'll be eagerly watching the progress on this, I'll probably wait till the ROM hack's finished so I can enjoy it in full!

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay, great hack/mod of Fates!
impressive work,
I got a copy of conquest just to try this out,
I didn't want to use my special edition of fates (as not to mess-up/lose my existing save)

anwys, im on ch 4, and I found some issues:

1) when I try to play ch 4, I get a message that I should download the other paths,
can't play ch 4.
is this because im running conquest only?

how to fix this?

does the special edition have this issue?

2) there's no battle music, tho it seems kinda bland without the shadow dragon music,

3) some of the graphics on ch 2 and such are a bit glitched? is this normal?

other than this, the game is great,
have you posted your hack/mod over at serene forest forums?

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/forum/8-fan-projects/

im sure the fe fans over there would love this defiantly!

keep up the great work, the hack is awesome, wroth playing! looking forward to newer versions in the future!
(installing them is super easy with luma 3ds :) )

TildeHat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) when I try to play ch 4, I get a message that I should download the other paths,
can't play ch 4.
is this because im running conquest only?

Use the Special edition for now until I can find a solution to that problem.

3) some of the graphics on ch 2 and such are a bit glitched? is this normal?

Which graphics are glitched?

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Use the Special edition for now until I can find a solution to that problem.

I see, okay after looking at my special edition game id, since my main save was in the eur ver of FE special edition, and the FE 1 rom hack is in the US version, that's two totally different games with different titleID's :) so no problem messing up my save :) .
I'll use the sp edition instead, thanx for the info.

Which graphics are glitched?

um, I'll have to install a sp ed & restart the game again, when im in ch 2 again, I'll "screenshot" it and post the glitched stuff here.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On chapter 2, the graphics are also a bit glitched for me.
I'll grab you a screenshot later

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2018-9-4_11-48-18.png

bridge and water has no texture

TildeHat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Progress for this is still being made don't worry. Right now chapter 7 and 8 are done gameplay wise and I'm making drafts for chapter 9's map. I'm planing to release an update once I've finished chapter 10. I'm also making some mechanical changes and fixing up some bugs.

I've also been working on some promoted models. Recently I've finished up Marth's promotion based on his Legendary Alt from Heroes.
unknown.png

On chapter 2, the graphics are also a bit glitched for me.
I'll grab you a screenshot later

View attachment 142195

bridge and water has no texture
This is normal. Map models/textures aside from chapter 1 are unpolished right now.

Reactions: Pokem

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress for this is still being made don't worry. Right now chapter 7 and 8 are done gameplay wise and I'm making drafts for chapter 9's map. I'm planing to release an update once I've finished chapter 10. I'm also making some mechanical changes and fixing up some bugs.

I've also been working on some promoted models. Recently I've finished up Marth's promotion based on his Legendary Alt from Heroes.
unknown.png

This is normal. Map models/textures aside from chapter 1 are unpolished right now.
Ahhh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. By the way, do you mind if I create a thread on SerenesForest to share this hack?
Just a thread to let the people over there know that this exist? (unless of course, you want to make the thread yourself)

Squall FF8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

unknown.png

any new update ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1