ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: ROM Hacking General Thread

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Even with Shift-JIS, I get a bunch of gibberish along with one or two spaces of katakana in the midst. None of the katakana spell out anything either.
That's weird, things look just fine for me;
98ddee6161084c8bb4915c700e56ed47.png

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, things look just fine for me;
98ddee6161084c8bb4915c700e56ed47.png
Been meaning to ask, do you know what the English names are for? Marks, Leo, etc.? I know in AID's they are the sound labels, but what about in the FID's?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do I need to make windows recognize japanese or something perhaps?
Have you decompressed the file with FEAT?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Been meaning to ask, do you know what the English names are for? Marks, Leo, etc.? I know in AID's they are the sound labels, but what about in the FID's?

It's probably there to tie the crit portraits to the voice, if not then I'm really not sure.

Do I need to make windows recognize japanese or something perhaps?
Well, My locale is set to Japanese so there's that.

Bluho3o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yeah and it still didnt work but it works now! Just got the japanese language pack for my windows and that seems to have done something

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You need to use a program with LZ11 compression, BatchLZ77 or Puyo Tools should do the trick, just remember to select lz11 as your compression type.

Bluho3o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I renamed all instances that contained タクミ in the Face.bin, renamed the arcs and I still get the hooded man as a portrait. What could have gone wrong here? Is there some other file I need to edit as well?

Last edited by Bluho3o,

Sir Diesalot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempting to extract and load the bch files in Ohana3DS results in either a grey mess or a black screen. Am I simply doing something elementary wrong? I'm using FEAT and the ordinary Ohana3DS, not Rebirth.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempting to extract and load the bch files in Ohana3DS results in either a grey mess or a black screen. Am I simply doing something elementary wrong? I'm using FEAT and the ordinary Ohana3DS, not Rebirth.
That's what models looked like when I loaded them in Ohana. They look fine when you export, but not in the Ohana's viewer.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I suppose editing textures isn't...super-viable with Ohana3DS, then?
I haven't done a lot with it honestly. I know that Rebirth can only show the ruined clothing textures, so if you wanted to edit anything else there's no telling how it would show up. You might be able to do it, but nobody's had a lot of success editing Fates models/textures so far.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[FE:F:S]&[FE:F:B]

Well, is there a way I can make the game start me off with all resource facilities available?
And have them all level 3?
And cost 0 DVP to place?

Like, not change anything, except the starting My Castle distribution?

Currently, when you start a new file the game picks a random Nohr food facility, a random Hoshido food facility, a random Nohr ore facility, and a random Hoshido ore facility.
Then, if you follow the Birthright path, it only gives you the two Hoshido facilities that it randomly selected when you first started the new game.
Ditto for Conquest, but with the four Nohr facilities chosen when you started a new game.
And if you play revelations, you get all four facilities chosen at the start of the new game.
The game also places the two or four facilities for you, in addition to Lilith's Shrine, the Library(?) and your quarters.

What I would like is for it instead to give you access to all twelve ore facilities, and all ten food facilities regardless of which of the three paths you choose.
Not placing them automatically, and having them cost 0 DVP to place would be ideal.
I'd prefer if they were all level 3 off the bat, but level 1 would be okay, too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game also starts you with 1 DVP at the very beginning, and if that could be changed to 99 without shadowbanning me, that be great.
As it stands, changing the DVP using FEFTwiddler shadowbans you, for some reason.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks in advanced to whoever can make a mod patch for the resource facilities as described above, and bonus thanks if the mod also adjust starting DVP without getting the new save file shadowbanned.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there are NTR cheats to unlock all of the buildings, but if you only want the resource buildings, you'll need to edit the building blocks in castle/castle_building.bin. I posted a mapping of the blocks earlier on in the thread along with some other My Castle edits, so I'd look there first. I'm not sure where starting DVP is determined though, so you might have to do some digging if you want to change that.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think there are NTR cheats to unlock all of the buildings, but if you only want the resource buildings, you'll need to edit the building blocks in castle/castle_building.bin. I posted a mapping of the blocks earlier on in the thread along with some other My Castle edits, so I'd look there first. I'm not sure where starting DVP is determined though, so you might have to do some digging if you want to change that.
I can't use NTR, if I could, I wouldn't have this problem to begin with.

I'll take a look at your My Castle posts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
It doesn't look like any of your posts deal with the facility selection process the game does at the start of a new file, but rather the buildings themselves. (and music\assistants.)

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Expanding.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to make my own DLC character, but I don't know how I determine the name for a few files.

In the asset folder, there's a file called G022.lz for the Minerva Cipher character I believe, I also noticed there's a single file for the Awakening Trio for @DeathChaos25 's DLC, but there isn't a file for anyone besides the Cipher characters or the Awakening characters, so I don't know if I need one.

Similarly in the face folder, there is a file named FaceDataE022G.bin.lz, as well as ones for the Awakening characters and the rest of the cipher characters, but it also has one named FaceDataE123G.bin.lz which is the Witch, so I'm pretty certain I need this one.

But here's my question, how do I know what to name these two files, as I think that and building the DLC is all I have to do to test my character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/iAJ-J1R7juY?si=ZKM6T19bTLp533m4