Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct coming Jan 18th

logo_ndirect.png
Today Nintendo announced a new upcoming Direct focusing on Fire Emblem titles. Here is Ninty:
Tune in on Wednesday, Jan. 18, at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m ET for a Nintendo Direct presentation focused on upcoming Fire Emblem titles.

:arrow:Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I feel newer people to the series really only like the games because of the waifus. And that's a shame.
People can't enjoy the games for any other reason than what you want them to? The nerve!

The older Fire Emblem games obviously catered to a different set of people than it does now. But that wasn't doing the series any favors, seeing as how Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem game ever, due to bad sales. Adding the new support system was a great choice, mechanically, and it arguably saved the series from an F-zero esque demise. If Tumblr wants to play shipping wars with the characters, that's perfectly fine, let them buy the game and rack up sales for Nintendo. What would not be fine is if Nintendo catered specifically to that demographic, which they haven't.

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
People can't enjoy the games for any other reason than what you want them to? The nerve!

The older Fire Emblem games obviously catered to a different set of people than it does now. But that wasn't doing the series any favors, seeing as how Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem game ever, due to bad sales. Adding the new support system was a great choice, mechanically, and it arguably saved the series from an F-zero esque demise. If Tumblr wants to play shipping wars with the characters, that's perfectly fine, let them buy the game and rack up sales for Nintendo. What would not be fine is if Nintendo catered specifically to that demographic, which they haven't.
All this waifu shit started because of Etika I swear

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Yeah man I can't stand when a person likes something I don't it makes me super angry over the internet. e-angry /s

I see your point, but as they say, vote with your wallet (or however that saying goes).

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My wishful thinking list:

"and Path of Radiance will be released for the Switch's Gamecube VC service at launch"
Remastered Fire Emblem games for the Switch or maybe even a compilation pack.
Limited edition Fire Emblem Switch console

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My wishful thinking list:

"and Path of Radiance will be released for the Switch's Gamecube VC service at launch"
Remastered Fire Emblem games for the Switch or maybe even a compilation pack.
Limited edition Fire Emblem Switch console
"Not gonna happen!"
Not even the right series but it fits
Atleast I think there won't be

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked double co powers. If it brings the Advance Wars series back, they can add Waifus to that game too.

Anyway, there has to be a new FE or FE Fates port announcement.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be surprised if Link and some other characters from hyrul warriors are guest characters with addtional skins/costumes and weapons. Hopefully we won't have to buy the characters. If we do have to buy them, i would hope for only 3 different hyrul warrior packs at most. One for heroes, one for viilains and one for the legends characters.

Edit: thread title needs a rewrite. It clear says on the official NoA direct site it is a fire emblem warriors direct

Last edited by chartube12,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be surprised if Link and some other characters from hyrul warriors are guest characters with addtional skins/costumes and weapons. Hopefully we won't have to buy the characters. If we do have to buy them, i would hope for only 3 different hyrul warrior packs at most. One for heroes, one for viilains and one for the legends characters.

Edit: thread title needs a rewrite. It clear says on the official NoA direct site it is a fire emblem warriors direct
I was just thinking how funny it would be, if Linkle shows up as a guest character.

Just Warriors? Shame.

Maybe Atlus' 3DS anniversary project is SMTxFE - FE with Smt characters and demons as playable characters.

Please? :(
I feel like, even if they did that, it would be on the Switch.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So off the top of my head this was what they showed:
Fire Emblem Gaiden remake for 3DS
A tiny bit more on Fire Emblem Warriors, plus the fact it's comeing to New 3DS
Announcing a new Fire Emblem for the Switch with no details other than it's planned for 2018
and finally Fire Emblem: The Smartphone Game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So off the top of my head this was what they showed:
Fire Emblem Gaiden remake for 3DS
A tiny bit more on Fire Emblem Warriors, plus the fact it's comeing to New 3DS
Announcing a new Fire Emblem for the Switch with no details other than it's planned for 2018
and finally Fire Emblem: The Smartphone Game.
Yep. That's pretty much all of it. Except, isn't the Gaiden one more of a sequel or at least a spiritual sequel than a remake?

Considering we have to wait until 2018 anyway, it is too bad that they decided not port Fates. At least, not at this time.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. That's pretty much all of it. Except, isn't the Gaiden one more of a sequel or at least a spiritual sequel than a remake?

Considering we have to wait until 2018 anyway, it is too bad that they decided not port Fates. At least, not at this time.
I'm not entirely sure about the gaiden thing. My attention was split at the beginning of the direct when they were going over some of that stuff.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
This is probably an unpopular opinion with the FE community but I really want another FE4 with HUGE battlefields. FE4 is my favorite Fire Emblem game for this reason. I totally see the negatives.. but I still found it way more fun than small little areas of a map rather than a whole continent.

Chapters almost always took me +10 hours to complete as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: