Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct coming Jan 18th

logo_ndirect.png
Today Nintendo announced a new upcoming Direct focusing on Fire Emblem titles. Here is Ninty:
Tune in on Wednesday, Jan. 18, at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m ET for a Nintendo Direct presentation focused on upcoming Fire Emblem titles.

:arrow:Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Liked times 500 for the return of Advance Wars. Days of Ruin was too dark. But I loved the first three titles, Dual Strike in particular. I've beaten Dual Strike at least three or four times.
I thought Days of Ruin was perfect considering the dark story. I need to play it again sometime soon.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait. I hope it won't be another waifu castle building simulator-

It's a shame that's the only thing that sold the latest games.

I feel your pain, I called that SMT x FE Tokyo Sessions a Waifu simulator on IGN and people got upset over it lol. :rolleyes:

I really don't like the direction they took with Fates. They took the waifu stuff too far and it's a real turnoff for me.
Same here, I've lost what little interest in had of even trying it because of the waifu focus. I have nothing against waifu in general, but when it's incessantly shoved in our face as one of the selling points, you can forget it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

CoolFangs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love zelda games, I loved Hyrule Warrior, I never played fire emblem, do you think ill like fire emblem warrior or i loved hyrule warrior just because i love zelda games?
If you liked Hyrule Warriors odds are you'll like FE Warriors. Warriors games have a sort of sort of reputation of being "you've played one you've played them all". In other words they're more or less the same.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, I've lost what little interest in had of even trying it because of the waifu focus. I have nothing against waifu in general, but when it's incessantly shoved in our face as one of the selling points, you can forget it.

I also played the GBA ones and Awakening and really liked them. Awakening was giving signs that they might go this direction, but it was still acceptable.

It really is disappointing for me. I guess that's an easy way to sell, though.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel your pain, I called that SMT x FE Tokyo Sessions a Waifu simulator on IGN and people got upset over it lol. :rolleyes:

I would be more willing to call Fates a Waifu simulator and Tokyo Sessions a cringe inducing machine, but that's me ofc.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh, God... Another Fire Emblem related Direct...? I wish they would stop trying to force this series down our throats. But hopefully they have other things to discuss.

Reactions: the_randomizer

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, God... Finally a Fire Emblem related Direct...! It took them a long time. FE should have been a Switch launch title, we need some quality games other than BotW.

Now we are only missing the Metroid Direct.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Days of ruin was good, why do people hate it?
I would rebuy it as DS VC.

i'd say its mainly that the other games had so many characters with so many different strenghts, weaknesses and powers and then days of ruin comes along and everyone is basically the same and your co only influences like a few units at a time. then there's that unit level mechanic too...
i mean, yeah, double co powers were kinda one step too far, but there should have been a sweetspot between AW2 and DS where the game should have gone towards.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really don't like the direction they took with Fates. They took the waifu stuff too far and it's a real turnoff for me.
well, too bad, that relationship stuff is literally what made the series attractive to audiences over here (and the japanese clearly didn't complain either) so its going to stay

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Would you please lend me the hanging rope?
Right after the Direct sir, in case you would change your mind.

On a more serious note, I really wonder what's worth a Direct. Fates on Switch might have been a legitimate error so what's left? A game that we had a trailer 5 days ago and a mobile app? Nah I don't buy it, there was no Super Mario Run Direct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0