Hacking Gaming Firmware controller RP2040 to work on PS5

lorvha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys; i'm a big fan of OpenStick Community; a team that he has developed a firmware controller for RP2040 to work on PS4 and PS3. In future could be a method to develop a firmware controller to work on Ps5? Is hard develop it?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m assuming the controller would have to spoof or fake being a DualSense (to work in ps5 mode, not ps4) due to the fact that no real true third party pads exist yet for ps5 that have adaptive triggers and whatnot… at least, not that I have seen.

The main controllers for ps5 seem to be scuff or hex, who look like they simply mod existing DualSense pads for better purpose.

I haven’t even seen any wingman or Cronus products for ps5 yet 🤔

TLDR: It should be doable, but may take a little mimicking to get the ps5 to recognise it for ps5.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: lorvha

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m assuming the controller would have to spoof or fake being a DualSense (to work in ps5 mode, not ps4) due to the fact that no real true third party pads exist yet for ps5 that have adaptive triggers and whatnot… at least, not that I have seen.

The main controllers for ps5 seem to be scuff or hex, who look like they simply mod existing DualSense pads for better purpose.

I haven’t even seen any wingman or Cronus products for ps5 yet 🤔

TLDR: It should be doable, but may take a little mimicking to get the ps5 to recognise it for ps5.
Scuff and hex pretty much just use little micro controllers like modchips, and wire them to official pads.

I believe Cronus max works on ps5 though. I was looking into it briefly for destiny

Reactions: KiiWii

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work for ps5 mode though, or just on ps4 games on ps5?
Unless destiny was a unique case it’s a PS5 title it had support(until the recent destiny update that is)

It’s been a minute but I vaugly recall you needing a controller plugged in as well. So maybe it was doing some spoofing shenanigans

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless destiny was a unique case it’s a PS5 title it had support(until the recent destiny update that is)

It’s been a minute but I vaugly recall you needing a controller plugged in as well. So maybe it was doing some spoofing shenanigans
Ah yeah it says games up to august 2021 and does use a donor pad..

Weird..

https://beta.cronusmax.com/ps5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL