Hacking Firmware version DS2 for use of R4 card

Giuly124

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi guys,

I have an older Nintendo Ds2, which was never connected to the Internet. I now want to use a R4 Gold Pro SDHC.

Currently i have the firmware

11.7.0-40E​

On my DS2.

Is it neccessary to Update, before i use the R4 card or is it enough to do Nothing? Or does the custom Fw from the r4 card overwrites it anyway?

Thanks in advance

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
fw of r4 must be updated first (it's not CFW for it's fw of the r4 card, not the same as fw for your ds. if the hash of the r4 fw is blacklisted on the fw of the ds you can't update your r4 with this device anymore.
first type of ds is a save starter for it never got any fw updates and so no blacklists.
if your cart boots now, do latest r4 fw update and kernel installation.
some r4's did not ever get a patch for last ds fw for the operation got a takedown, or the hackers group behind it made enough money already to stop.

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, the 2DS is basically a 3DS, so you have to ensure that your R4 will actually support the 3DS and the specific firmware of the 2DS.

You have the option with the 2DS to install a custom firmware, after which you can likely boot any R4 card by accessing a menu option on the device.

I wouldn't update the firmware on the 2DS, the 11.7 is a 2018 version, so most flash carts newer than that are going to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay