OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

Well I received my samples of the iTouch DS today. After playing around with them for a few hours I had to share my experiences with you
smile.gif
. So follow the link below to the first review of the iTouch DS:

Linky

Have a fun read and feel free to ask me about these units or ask for pictures/etc.! Yours,
Scorpei

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i already own Acekard2 & i'm not sure now if its worth me buying this itouch or not ? is it better than Acekard2 ?

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
satel said:
i already own Acekard2 & i'm not sure now if its worth me buying this itouch or not ? is it better than Acekard2 ?
Ah the eternal what card is best for me / I have card XY should I buy this one
smile.gif
. I personally have no experience with the AK2 however if you would be on the original AK I would advise switching. As far as I know the AK2 performs quite well so I wouldn't switch. This cart also seems more aimed at people who liked the R4/M3DS simply range. A simply, no nonsense cart. Depending on the price it could be a nice addition for people too though. Or for your little brother to be able to play too.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Great review, I must praise them on the ifav system, it is one feature I always wanted in a flashcart. I don't think I will be getting one though, since I have just ordered a DSTT as a replacement for my R4, would be interesting to see how much it goes on Dealextreme anyway.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nice review. I've got my sample and I'm in the process of taking some pics and doing an impressions write-up.

Although a slight spoiler:
The iTouchDS ain't that good...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. I still have no intentions of switching from my SCDS1 SDHC. I'll go with a Acekard R.P.G if it somehow breaks.. But I'll still keep this in my mind for cheap recommendations.

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few things that are interesting to note:
The firmware includes a file: gba_info.ini
Also iTouch.ini is interesting as includes this in the file: /M3REAL00.NDS
One of the firmware files also has (opened it with a hex editor) "made with PAlib" at the end of the file (one of the .eng files).
And last there is an info.bin file that has "0288 - King Kong(E).nds" in it......

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IBNobody said:
Thanks for the PCB pics, Scorpei. The board looks very cheap to produce.

I recon apart from the initial production costs, the card probably costs around $1 to produce, as with most slot 1 flash cards.
The card reader that comes with it, probably costs about the same to make as the itouch itself.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
How do you get review copies? I have done some reviews and I haven't gotten any review copies...
You generally have to own a site.

Although being able to write good reviews is somewhat crucial as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back