Hardware First PC build.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, come September I'll order a custom built PC from a known site here. I've never owned an actual PC before, so I'd like to see your opinion on the parts it's going to have:

• CPU: Intel i5-7600k(Yes, not Ryzen.)
  • GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G(not the newer + edition)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-P
  • RAM: Two Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GB DDR4 2400MHz Non-ECC CL16
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X
  • HDD: Toshiba 1TB Desktop SATA III
  • Drive: Asus DVD Writer DRW-24D5MT
  • Power Supply: Corsair VS Series VS550 550W
  • Box: Cooler Master CM 690 III - Midnight Black

Well, what do you think? I worry about the tower being too small for every component to fit there and the cooler being too big for the RAM sticks to fit. Share your thoughts.
Pretty good I think, though personally I prefer liquid cooler like Corsair H110i

Last edited by Emenaria,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played through rise of the tomb raider with everything maxed out and it used about 7.6GB (total system ram usage)
All other games seem to be fine with 8GB as far as I can tell, 8GB is sitting on the edge with certain games, and yes I only have 8GB of ram right now

I would still suggest max of 16GB right now, even down the line I doubt games with need more than 16GB
by the time it needs it DDR5 will already be out and all chipsets will switch over to it

Reactions: SnakeOil992

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
is this a joke, 8gb is enough for almost anything

Going in from here on out, 8GB will be bare minimum just to get going. Not to mention who's to say he wouldn't want to use it for something more later on down the line?

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright guys, just two last annoying questions from a total amateur. First, are the pins the power supply I want enough for the 6+8 the card needs? Second, should I expect any possible bottlenecks with this setup? Thanks for your time.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, just two last annoying questions from a total amateur. First, are the pins the power supply I want enough for the 6+8 the card needs? Second, should I expect any possible bottlenecks with this setup? Thanks for your time.
I don't think it should bottleneck, but don't ask me, I'm just a shitty 2010 work laptop gamer.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't bottleneck, but unless you're finding some really good deal on that power supply you should look at the EVGA G2 series of power supplies. Trust me, you'll be happier

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your CPU and GPU won't really be bottlenecking each other, although your PSU doesn't leave a lot of room if you want to overclock either of them. The lack of SSD and RAM will absolutely hamper performance if you want to play some RAM-intensive games, including some where the 1080 really gets its chance to shine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: