First-person magic shooter 'Immortals of Aveum' announced

immortals.jpg

Independent developer Ascendant Studios have unveiled their debut title Immortals of Aveum. The latter is a single player, first-person magic shooter set in an original fantasy universe. Its gameplay mixes fast-paced action and spell-based combat. A reveal trailer provides a glimpse of the game's plot and gameplay:

Experience the story of Jak as he joins an elite order of battlemages to save a world on the edge of abyss.

Immortals of Aveum releases on July 20, 2023 on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC and will be published under the EA Originals label.

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Without any sort of actual casting system, they might as well have just put particle effects on bullets and called it a day. We need more games that have you put together sequences of runes like Eternal Darkness, or that have you draw symbols like Okami.

• Haha
Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without any sort of actual casting system, they might as well have just put particle effects on bullets and called it a day. We need more games that have you put together sequences of runes like Eternal Darkness, or that have you draw symbols like Okami.
Like i said earlier, the are doing the least gameplay wise for the most profit it seems just from the trailer. I already dont trust EA (as most others dont), but its now just extra looking bad. "magic particles, and barely moving..." who the heck are the folks making these trailers lol

Reactions: Xzi

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
10 years old be like : call of duty with magic? lol fuck it, lets pewpewpew and camp... WHAT THE FUCK IM DEAD?! FUCK YOU! MY DAD OWNS MICROSOFT! IM GETTING YOU BANNED SUCKER
You could have also added: "I have your IP now, so get ready to be h4x0r3d!!!"

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay looks interesting, to be honest.

Can't say I give a shit about the CGI/Hollywood part.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all behind the idea of a magic shooter, but while this game looks flashy, there is no substance there. I was trying to understand why an independent studio is trying to make something that gives off that icky, western corporate, mainstream vibe. Then I realized, "oh, it's being published by EA."

Anyway, hard pass.

DarkCoffe64

Bo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a game of that sort on the DS called "Lost Magic". Iirc, it was even one of the like first games of that console.

Reactions: Xzi

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
'original fantasy universe' - Ahuh. Awesome. Never played a game set in a fantasy universe. Original too. Sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1