First trailer for POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie released

detective pika.JPG

The POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie featuring the world-famous electric rat and co. just had its first trailer released! POKÉMON Detective Pikachu stars Ryan Reynolds as the voice of the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the Pokémon brand. The movie releases in theaters May 11, 2019.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

The movie is directed by Rob Letterman (“Goosebumps,” “Monsters Vs. Aliens”) with the visual effects handled by Moving Picture Company (“Wonder Woman”) and Framestore (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”) while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute the movie outside of China and Japan.

What are your thoughts about the first trailer?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 736

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... I just watched it (without audio, as I'm at work), and I smiled all the way through it - it looks great.
I'll watch it again with the sound when I get home, and hopefully won't be dissappointed.
you'll be disappointed by Pikachu's voice

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thought you knew it was R.R. instead of Danny DeVito? It was foretold months ago.
Well, actually I don't mind with that voice
It's just that I heard people were dispointed by the voice in the game
Like that it doesn't fit for a cute Pikachu

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seen more videos about this then Dragon Ball Super Broly

I don't care for the movie, the only pokemon game I played was a rom hack
Which one?
There are tons of rom hack on gba, with better story more often

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have put the town in an area between two mountains just to name it "Uncanny Valley"
When this movie was first announced, my brain refused to believe it was real. I still refuse to believe this is real.
Even though I saw it on the side of this site... I still thought it was a joke or a fan-made spoof.

it reminds me of Jesse & James's Meowth, that one in particular is able to speak to everyone, while all wild ones can't, can anybody explain it?
There was a whole episode about it iirc, but of course it didn't go further than "he had a reason that made him really want to do it so he just did" (like why wouldn't Ash's pikachu want to learn to speak enough that it just could or literally any other pokemon in the show)
Aside from some of the Pokémon looking really uncanny after "realifying" ... it actually looks kinda okay? ... I don't want it to warrant a live-action follow-ups. ...don't start another "cinematic universe".
I swear if this gets a sequel... just no.
And I do think some of them look good, but a bunch of them are deep in the heart of the Uncanny Valley.

cammelspit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I didn't think it was real, the CG is such trash. I mean, this is 2018 and we can barely scrape up enough cash to make the CG look like a higher-resolution PS2 era cutscene? With Pokemon raking in so much money, you would have expected the most mind-blowing CG money could buy, but instead, we get Jar Jar Binks level crap even my 6-year-old can tell was poorly made. Probably would do better if they went with a little more of a cartoony/stylized look for the Pokemon themselves instead so it wouldn't be so jarring.

Reactions: PanTheFaun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto