Hardware Fix broken traces on Xbox Elite controller (1698)

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I bought a used elite controller for cheap but when I came home I noticed that I wasn't able to sync it to my own Xbox. So I went ahead and took the controller apart to clean it and also see whats wrong. Turns out that the sync button itself (SW2) has ripped clean off the board and took the pads with it. Luckily l, though, the switch was still inside the controller so I don't have to find a replacement switch.

Now, I am fairly confident in my soldering skills that I know I can fix this by reattaching the button and jumping wires to the right traces. Using my multimeter I can deduct that the center leg of the switch is connected to the left leg of D29, but due to the pads being ripped I can not follow where the outer legs of the switch connect to. Does someone know?

aruvqxucbem51 (2).jpg
e0ltrqllbem51.jpg

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
…used elite controller… I wasn't able to sync it to my own Xbo… the sync button itself (SW2) has ripped clean off the board and took the pads with it… Using my multimeter I can deduct that the center leg of the switch is connected to the left leg of D29, but due to the pads being ripped I can not follow where the outer legs of the switch connect to. Does someone know?

Someone on AcidMods might know: http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/board,537.0.html
Their 1698 board thread doesn't have a picture of the button board, though, so I'd recommend looking for listings selling a replacement, to see what the intact board looks like.

Reactions: Localhorst86

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users