Tutorial  Updated

Fix for Linux Battery issue

Here's a quick and easy fix for the turning off at 40% battery issue that people are seeing after running Linux. This is effectively the same fix as unplugging the battery, but does so without having to take apart the Switch.

Step 1: Download attached fusee-linux-battery-fix.rar
Step 2: Extract and load the binary with your favorite RCM Smash tool (I'm using TegraRcmSmash).
Step 3: You should see the typical fusee screen, at this point unplug the USB cable. The screen should go off.
Step 4 (optional?): Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Your switch won't turn on at this point, that's desired.
Step 5: Plug in a USB cable. Switch will turn on, and you're done.

This worked to fix my Switch, let me know if it works for you.

Edit:

Source is here:

github/crystalseedgba/BatteryFix/blob/master/fusee/src/main.c (Sorry it's not letting me post hyperlinks)

This doesn't fix the Linux bug, this is really just a crude workaround. At first I suspected that Linux is somehow mangling the battery gauge but this doesn't seem to be the case. The battery gauge reports around 40% and decent battery voltage when my Switch would turn off. I think Linux is misconfiguring some undervoltage lockout somewhere, but I don't know where.

Thanks to jjbredesen for his "How to make a custom Fusee payloads" tutorial.

Attachments

• fusee-linux-battery-fix.rar
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,030
Last edited by Crystalseed,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will be really surprised if this is a real fix
same

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im letting my switch charge to 100% before running this because... i dont really know why im waiting for it to get to 100% but when it does ill run the payload

LeRepex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tought it was fake at first but as it seems it really fixed my problem as the lowest i go for was 7% while running mario odyssey after that i started charging again but maybe it would go even lower

same

im letting my switch charge to 100% before running this because... i dont really know why im waiting for it to get to 100% but when it does ill run the payload

I didnt do this either. i ran it with almost 50% and it worked

xXxSwagnemitexXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tought it was fake at first but as it seems it really fixed my problem as the lowest i go for was 7% while running mario odyssey after that i started charging again but maybe it would go even lower
thanks for the info, at least someone got it to work, im gonna try running it now.

ill take pictures as well (with my laptops front facing camera because i dont have my phone)

camera wont work but i injected the payload and i got the rocket ship and moon thing and the words (re)switched and underneath it says " BATFET is now disabled, disconnect the USB cable."

unplugging turned the switch's screen off

Step 4 (optional?): Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Your switch won't turn on at this point, that's desired.
Step 5: Plug in a USB cable. Switch will turn on, and you're done.
did this and my switch turned on, im going to decrease the battery now

Reactions: x0x0

Notex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just ran it and going to let my switch battery's drain, if it goes below 40% I'll update this post.

Edit: Battery at 35% and Switch hasn't powered off yet. Looks like this has fixed the battery bug.

Last edited by Notex,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MY NEWS ARTICLES GOT RESET

not exactly reset, but "Welcome to News!" and "Where to get new games?" are at the top of the news page

Attachments

• 2018062410214300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    2018062410214300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 426

Notex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MY NEWS ARTICLES GOT RESET

not exactly reset, but "Welcome to News!" and "Where to get new games?" are at the top of the news page

Am I the only one who doesn't use the news channel at all? I get gaming news from Reddit and sometimes from gbatemp instead.

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely I can affirm.
This payload works flawlessly.
the console has shut down correctly 0%
the console has entered in standby mode and not in off in abrupt
Thanks =)
I have loaded the battery a bit after shutting down correctly and the game continues
Amazing!!!!

Last edited by angelhp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm