DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bummer.

I really love the Dark blue one along with the green one.
If I would have a Hello Kitty Wii Theme then I'd deffo install the pink one ;p

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in other treads it is a problem with the title id is this true if so then cant i just pack to wad the homebrew channel change the title id and then install the hbc wad?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the title ID (which I said in the first post), but you can't change the HBC ID. All recent versions of the Homebrew Channel has all this crazy magic stuff protecting it from any modifications. It's to prevent people from modifying it and calling it their own because there used to be a huge problem with people selling the HBC.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so, just because I care about the sanity of my vWii and I don't like leaving traces behind... if I install the forwarder as a WAD, once there's an official HBC fix I can uninstall the WAD using a WAD manager and it should get rid of the signs that this was ever installed?

(Yes I know the whole 'empty space isn't really empty' blah blah, I'm talking about in terms of the filesystem)

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, so, just because I care about the sanity of my vWii and I don't like leaving traces behind... if I install the forwarder as a WAD, once there's an official HBC fix I can uninstall the WAD using a WAD manager and it should get rid of the signs that this was ever installed?

(Yes I know the whole 'empty space isn't really empty' blah blah, I'm talking about in terms of the filesystem)
Sorry, that ship sailed the moment you installed the HBC.
http://hackmii.com/2010/04/check-disk-for-pre-repair-process/

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was before we had AHBPROT though, wasn' tit?
Since Bushing mentions that AnyTitleDeleter installs an IOS0 in order to delete other titles.

I'm talking about removing it via the WAD manager, which as far as I know doesn't install anything itself?

Again, I'm not really getting at low-level system stuff. Especially since members here have mentioned sending in a Wii U with a bricked vWii and getting a brand new one back. I don't think Nintendo even cares anymore, since it's no longer their main focus.

What I'm getting at is like - OK, so you install a channel. It writes the "channel" data, a "ticket" and a "tmd" file. You remove the channel, and it should delete all three of those, right? Now you're back to where you started, unless you had save data for that channel.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, your forwarder doesn't leave any other traces that a normal, stand-alone channel, wouldn't? That's really all I want to know. So basically if I remove the WAD it'll remove whatever files were written and not leave behind orphaned data.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So basically, your forwarder doesn't leave any other traces that a normal, stand-alone channel, wouldn't?
Correct. It will just leave the normal traces behind.
So basically if I remove the WAD it'll remove whatever files were written and not leave behind orphaned data.
No, like with any other channel, there will be data left.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't remember the locations. Stuff is saved when you run stuff though, it's not just installing. The log in the mailbox is an example. I don't remember if a history of titles run is saved on the vWii (just because it's not shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist), and it's possible that everything gets cleared up.

Honestly though, you chose to void your warranty when you installed the HBC, and it's not fair for you to try tricking them if your Wii U breaks.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this has nothing to do with the warranty. This is so that if 5 years from now I have some issue with my vWii, I don't want to go "Hmm, I installed some channel way back, I wonder if it left something behind that's screwing me up now"

Yes, that actually happened with my real Wii. Thankfully ModMii was created, but I've been using homebrew since before HBC even existed (back in the days of putting Wii Tetris as a boot.elf file on your SD and running Twilight Hack every time you wanted to play it)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a file called uid.sys which lists the UID for each title, which are assigned iteratively in order of the titles being launched. System Menu (00000001 00000002) has UID 0x1000 and all titles launched subsequently have ascending UIDs. So the first channel (or disc game) you launched will be 0x1001 etc. Titles aren't removed from this file once they are deleted (so if you reinstall the title, it still has the same UID), so it essentially acts as a log of every single channel that has ever been launched on your Wii (or vWii).

And no, having an extra title listed in uid.sys isn't going to make any impact on your console at any point in the future. Sure, there are plenty of stupid things you can do which can cause problems down the line, but this isn't one of them.

On a side note: I slightly disagree with the title of this thread - this doesn't "fix" the issue, it just works around it ;)

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There's a file called uid.sys which lists the UID for each title, which are assigned iteratively in order of the titles being launched. System Menu (00000001 00000002) has UID 0x1000 and all titles launched subsequently have ascending UIDs. So the first channel (or disc game) you launched will be 0x1001 etc. Titles aren't removed from this file once they are deleted (so if you reinstall the title, it still has the same UID), so it essentially acts as a log of every single channel that has ever been launched on your Wii (or vWii).

And no, having an extra title listed in uid.sys isn't going to make any impact on your console at any point in the future. Sure, there are plenty of stupid things you can do which can cause problems down the line, but this isn't one of them.
Ah, I'd forgotten about that.

On a side note: I slightly disagree with the title of this thread - this doesn't "fix" the issue, it just works around it ;)
Good point. But I can't change it.

lucasanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same issue, I got an exception.
I am using YAWMM_EN mod manager (attached in this post).
Just after run YAWMN_EN tool, a check was started (all the first items in the list was patched but not the last one) and then I got a screen which says: "HW_AHBPRPT is disabled, Do you want to load another IOS anyways? <No>" I selected "No" and then I pressed on Continue and then I selected the wad on sd_card but I got the exception.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, stay on that plastic. (If you know, you know)