Tutorial  Updated

Fix Your Evercade Namco Collection Carts For Use On VS

Hey Namco Collection 1 & 2 owners!
Got both an Evercade & a shiny new VS console?
Missing that classic Namco gaming in glorious 1080p on your TV?
How about we fix that using just an EverSD, your Evercade handheld and my new "app"? B-)
After following along as shown in this video your Namco Collection cartridges will work in ANY VS console, factory fresh out of the box or patched for use with an EverSD!

CLICK HERE TO GRAB THE DOWNLOAD! - DO NOT USE THIS ANYMORE!

It is unneeded on a patched VS system and it breaks the cart from working on a stock Evercade EXP. If you previously "Fixed" your carts, you can UNfix them with the below files added to an EverSD on either a patched OG Handheld or a patched VS console USING ONLY SLOT1 TO SWAP THE CARTS WHEN PROMPTED!
Namco UNfix (revert your Namco Carts to stock) - Click HERE to grab the download!

Enjoy!! :D

UPDATED INFORMATION:
As of VS stock firmware 2.1.1, this fix was blocked. The fix was incorporated in EverPatcherVS, so there is no longer have a use for this tool. Original and fixed Namco carts won't work in a VS console running 2.1.1 or higher unless it is patched with EverPatcherVS (you don't need an EverSD to use the patcher) and if you are patched, this fix is embedded in the console itself. Both Namco carts WILL work in a patched VS - original untouched carts as well as already fixed carts.

Last edited by esmith13,

mister j-y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this man, it's what I've been waiting for!

However, I can't seem to play Vol. 1 without the EverSD plugged in at the same time, and Vol. 2 doesn't work at all. Have I done something wrong? I'm on FW 2.0.1

Never mind, tried it again - amazing!

Last edited by mister j-y,

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this man, it's what I've been waiting for!

However, I can't seem to play Vol. 1 without the EverSD plugged in at the same time, and Vol. 2 doesn't work at all. Have I done something wrong? I'm on FW 2.0.1
you ran the tool on a handheld, yes? Followed all the voice prompts? There is no harm in running it an additional time. There is also no need to have your everSD inserted while playing the games after fixing them.

mister j-y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you ran the tool on a handheld, yes? Followed all the voice prompts? There is no harm in running it an additional time. There is also no need to have your everSD inserted while playing the games after fixing them.
Yeah I tried it again twice and it worked thank you!

Reactions: esmith13

RetroFailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need EverSD for this? You can write to the Namco cart directly via either ADB or by adding a script into the rootfs (just extract everpatcher executable and add it there).

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need EverSD for this? You can write to the Namco cart directly via either ADB or by adding a script into the rootfs (just extract everpatcher executable and add it there).
are we going to have this conversation again???

I can't even expect the average end user to have a cart reader let alone adb setup and knowledge on how to use it...

i did it that way and posted a video of it the first day or two I had my VS.

This is for the average end user - NOT YOU.

RetroFailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then make your "hack" better for the average user instead of a wall of text, instructional videos and voice prompts. I didn't criticize your potential user. I sent a suggestion to you. But obviously you can't take any feedback.

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then make your "hack" better for the average user instead of a wall of text, instructional videos and voice prompts. I didn't criticize your potential user. I sent a suggestion to you. But obviously you can't take any feedback.
suggesting something made for a novice be repurposed for an intermediate or advanced user is not feedback...

Since you bothered to be a smart-ass and diss my "hack", I'll just say this - I literally made it in an hour because another user mentioned you had it listed on your site as "coming soon" for months... Feel free to out code my "hack" anytime and post it right here if you like. Users can and should have options and make their own choices...

Reactions: KiiWii

RetroFailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which site? I only have the GitHub repository with my kernel patches to support Evercade [1]. That's the kernel used by EverSD to support USB devices as far as I know. I did manage to compile the whole alternate firmware but couldn't get it to boot yet, and then got distracted with other projects.

[1] https://github.com/RetroFailz/everfw

RetroFailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misunderstood. I was suggesting how you could make your hack better for the novice user. And you could make it work for users that don't own an EverSD. Everything could be done via either a custom firmware or the 1.2.0 firmware with ADB (or could add ADB to recent firmware). All this only applies to the patch-maker, i.e. you. The user experience would be much better and not require such an extended guide.

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which site? I only have the GitHub repository with my kernel patches to support Evercade [1]. That's the kernel used by EverSD to support USB devices as far as I know. I did manage to compile the whole alternate firmware but couldn't get it to boot yet, and then got distracted with other projects.

[1] https://github.com/RetroFailz/everfw
your youtube video links to evercade.net saying it's coming soon from Dec 3rd, 2021.
your site or your affiliated site. either way...
if that's not you i apologize, but my point about ease of use for the end user still stands.

RetroFailz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be mixing me up with someone else. I don't have any other sites besides that GitHub repository and I don't have YouTube.

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be mixing me up with someone else. I don't have any other sites besides that GitHub repository and I don't have YouTube.
then as previously stated, I apologize.

I also stand by my ease of use comment and invitation to link any other solution here for the end user to weigh against mine for their convenience. I do this for fun, self education and to help others solve their problems - I never claimed this was the best or only way to skin the cat, but it is the way I'm offering to everyone for free and open use.

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
LOL he thinks Retro Failz is Retro Rulez which is me.. but never mind. If you would follow evercade.net more closely you would see that im working on a bigger project. I appriciate all evercade Homebrew stuff but EverSD releases are eather only working partially or are full of bugs.. having some feedback is a nice thing but it seems like they dont care and rush stuff out..

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
For me its anyway a shame that the community is not able to work together. It would be possible to make so much more out of the Evercade devices if we would be able to work together… instead of blaming each other. But someone would need to make the first step.

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMPORTANT!
PLEASE READ IF YOU PREVIOUSLY USED MY NAMCO FIX ON YOUR CARTRIDGES.

For anyone who used the "Namco Fix" on their retail carts, Please take the time to run the following "Namco UNfix" on them to remove the now defunct patches. Leaving them on your carts will prevent them from working in a stock Evercade EXP. After removing the patch with this tool they will work as expected on the new EXP.

Namco UNfix - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

You can run this tool on a patched OG Handheld or patched VS console IN SLOT1 ONLY! Using slot2 for one of the carts is not supported.

erikw7426

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The handheld is on v. 2.01 and the VS is v.2.0.4. I do not intend to ever update either.
I am trying to get the Namco fix to work. I have downloaded NamcoFix_v1.0 and extracted the contents. I have a 32GB SD card formatted to FAT32. I've copied the folders to the root of the SD card, inserted into the EverSD, then put that into the handheld. I get 'NO CARTRIDGE INSERTED'
What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• sdcard.png
    sdcard.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 28

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The handheld is on v. 2.01 and the VS is v.2.0.4. I do not intend to ever update either.
I am trying to get the Namco fix to work. I have downloaded NamcoFix_v1.0 and extracted the contents. I have a 32GB SD card formatted to FAT32. I've copied the folders to the root of the SD card, inserted into the EverSD, then put that into the handheld. I get 'NO CARTRIDGE INSERTED'
What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This tool has been depreciated. To make a stock Namco cart work in a VS you just run EverPatcherVS on it. Also your handheld and VS should both be updated to latest and then patched with the latest patchers. You're missing out on a lot! Come chat with us on the official EverSD discord if you want help or info.
See my signature for the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste