Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So are they actually not selling the switch dumper with this bundled. When I heard the price earlier I figured that would be the case. Not worth it, if this is really the case, just buy a v1 switch or look for a reliable chip installer.
This includes dumper.
I didn't see mig switch without it to buy.

Reactions: fst312

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This includes dumper.
I didn't see mig switch without it to buy.
Hopefully they do end up having the cart separate.Makes no sense for someone with v1 switch to buy unless it’s cart only. My sd card is low on memory and I can’t see someone with emunand getting banned using this. I think a cfw switch should be able to get this to work with homebrew.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If this means I can just keep my hackable+banned Switch updated on OFW and pop this in to play offline games, I'm still interested in getting one. (I know I'll still have to boot into atmosphere and update using daybreak or whatever the latest method is.)

Why?

Its clear that Gary did not learn from any of his mistakes following his 40-month sentence. He sure did a big fucky wucky. :rofl2:

Oh, someone said he spent his prison sentence studying up. I believe them.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are they actually not selling the switch dumper with this bundled. When I heard the price earlier I figured that would be the case. Not worth it, if this is really the case, just buy a v1 switch or look for a reliable chip installer.
A v1 Switch or a modchip plus install fees costs a lot more than $70

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A v1 Switch or a modchip plus install fees costs a lot more than $70
Yeah but if you somehow don’t have a switch already, getting a v1 is still a better option, if anyone really wants a switch know switch 2 is around the corner. You have to really not care about getting banned too. I can’t afford to get another switch banned, got one already. I know they say if you use your own games you shouldn’t be banned but can that really be trusted right now.

Reactions: mathew77

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know they say if you use your own games you shouldn’t be banned but can that really be trusted right now.

I am quite sure you will get banned if you are not using your own GameCard certificate, but you will need a modded switch to get your cert. But let's see how it will go...

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am quite sure you will get banned if you are not using your own GameCard certificate, but you will need a modded switch to get your cert. But let's see how it will go...

1704220788065.jpeg

HiradeGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That gamecard certificate would be banned. Not your console. They can't risk banning someone who bought an official cartridge second hand after someone dumped its certificate.

They wouldn't be able to play that gamecard online, but the card would be banned, not the console.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They can't risk banning someone who bought an official cartridge second hand after someone dumped its certificate.
They will just ban the cert like they done with a whole lot of other. I wonder if they will have an AI that if the same Switch keeps coming up over and over again when duplicate Certs comes up and then you get banned?

(that's what I would have done if I ran Nintendo)

HiradeGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will see...it's all speculation for now.
There were similar cases on 3DS. They got the cartridges banned, not the consoles that tried to use them. The consoles seemed to get bans, but they were temporary because Nintendo knew they could f-ck up innocent people:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sky3ds-online-ban-questions.394874/
Post automatically merged:

They will just ban the cert like they done with a whole lot of other. I wonder if they will have an AI that if the same Switch keeps coming up over and over again when duplicate Certs comes up and then you get banned?

(that's what I would have done if I ran Nintendo)
I wish you ran Nintendo. :D

Banning the cert makes the most sense like you said. Otherwise, innocent people buying second hand cards, which the cert was dumpled from, would be console banned, and they can't risk that.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
im pretty sure that majority of users will just play any game dumps available over the internet and getting perma banned from nintendo online is the least of their concern. probably because they cant really afford that recurring fees for online features from nintendo in the first place.

you can tell that from many owners of ps4 and ps5 jailbreaks.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sbeve