For most users, it's not worth waiting for a jailbreak at this stage. Change my mind.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been holding for an update to my console, but I'm trying to think that at this stage it's not worth it. If a jailbreak it is released soon, the expected scenario will likely be a very similar case with PlayStation 4 where people will be only able to play videogames released with compatibility to the vulnerable firmware, that being this early, it's almost only launch titles and little more. In the PS3 days for a while the eboot files could be patched to be allowed to be played on earlier firmwares, but that wasn't the case with PS4 and I doubt it will be with PS5.

Homebrew in the PS4 was very late to bloom, as well, being little reason to jailbreak your console for a long while for anything else than piracy. And piracy should, like said above be very restricted to the available compatible titles.

Am I wrong here?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been updating on the ps5, because I don't care about exploiting consoles anymore. I'm also on ssi for the rest of my life, and I can't have more than 2 grand in the bank, so it gives me something to spend money on. Plus, I never played any games I just downloaded, so my ps4 is more a test system than anything else. I'm finally playing games again with a bought tales of arise, at 56 hours right now.

Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been updating on the ps5, because I don't care about exploiting consoles anymore. I'm also on ssi for the rest of my life, and I can't have more than 2 grand in the bank, so it gives me something to spend money on. Plus, I never played any games I just downloaded, so my ps4 is more a test system than anything else. I'm finally playing games again with a bought tales of arise, at 56 hours right now.

SSI? Is that like filing for bankruptcy?

I still care for exploited consoles. The Vita scene was been wonderful. So has the Nintendo. The PS4 is starting to bloom I think, but still very limited. The PS5 seems like the PS4 and it seems it'll be very limited at this stage, too much for being worth it. I may be wrong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssi for disability.

Heard from alazif that most devs aren't even interested in the ps5, could be the entitlement problem of a lot of ps4 users or the fact that so few own the system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I told @KiiWii about that a few weeks ago. Here's that message.

Attachments

• 1648326815491.png
    1648326815491.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: KiiWii and pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Ssi for disability.

Heard from alazif that most devs aren't even interested in the ps5, could be the entitlement problem of a lot of ps4 users or the fact that so few own the system.

BTW, I told @KiiWii about that a few weeks ago. Here's that message.

There seems to be at least one person commited to it: https://wololo.net/2022/03/29/znullptr-on-status-of-ps5-exploits/ but like he says, it's a much more complex system than PS4.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ps3 scene was too toxic for me. I didn't feel that way with the ps4 scene, but it's always made me mad that a lot of users don't donate to devs or even donate their time to test or help with things. I mean if you're not buying games and beating games in 3 days, you're just making excuses for not contributing.

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still holding out on updating because FOMO is strong but as you've said if there is an exploit released soon it would probably be only good for piracy in the early stage. I really don't mind buying games now so I don't care as much about piracy. But I still do care about homebrew. I am not familiar with the PS4 scene but if as you say there is not much interest coming from the devs for the PS5 and not being able to play future/new games because of the required minimum firmware version then waiting for the jailbreak might not be worth it. As of right now I'm not getting as much use out of my PS5 as I want to because I can't go online on PSN and download games/DLCs. I can still wait a bit but if VRR support gets released soon that will really tempt me in updating. Also if PS VR 2 gets released and the reviews are good then I might have to update.

Last edited by u4ia24,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
The ps3 scene was too toxic for me. I didn't feel that way with the ps4 scene, but it's always made me mad that a lot of users don't donate to devs or even donate their time to test or help with things. I mean if you're not buying games and beating games in 3 days, you're just making excuses for not contributing.

I don't know. Maybe I remember another side of the PS3 scene. There was a lot of drama among a few devs and a few scene personalities, true. But there was a lot of contribution from different people. 360 was also the console of choice for younger kids and mainstream players, so a lot of that pressure present on the PS4 era I think was averted in the PS3.

I remember the first PS4 public exploit being released to the public under the pressure for homebrew development and then scene groups complaining that not much homebrew been developed and they felt duped.

As for the monetary contributing part, I have no idea what scenes captivate more donations. But I don't think most of them are in it for the money, else they'd be more like Xecuter. They are doing it more for the cred, so being disrespectful is a far greater offense than not contributing monetarily.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. Maybe I remember another side of the PS3 scene. There was a lot of drama among a few devs and a few scene personalities, true. But there was a lot of contribution from different people. 360 was also the console of choice for younger kids and mainstream players, so a lot of that pressure present on the PS4 era I think was averted in the PS3.

I remember the first PS4 public exploit being released to the public under the pressure for homebrew development and then scene groups complaining that not much homebrew been developed and they felt duped.

As for the monetary contributing part, I have no idea what scenes captivate more donations. But I don't think most of them are in it for the money, else they'd be more like Xecuter. They are doing it more for the cred, so being disrespectful is a far greater offense than not contributing monetarily.
believe me, when you put as much time into it as I have, you see what's really going on behind closed doors. both the ps3 and ps4 have wannabe devs/hackers, and since most people don't read anything, they believe what they're say9ing at face value. like game fixes, there may have been a reason for them in the beginning, but there's absolutely not one piece of content that needs a game fix. all they are resigned games as free why bypasses the licensing portion. that's how it always is, 360, ps4, wii u, switch, all rely on games being converted to free. people should know this. plus, a lot of these devs have to pay for websites out of their own pockets, and it's like pulling teeth just to get more than 10 people to donate $5. it's offensive to me as a person on disability who still buys games, I've donated to devs, and I invest hundreds of hours towards helping or testing things out for various devs while the majority do nothing. that's what I mean by entitlement, and a lot of devs have noticed it too.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
From my perspective the PS scene sucks. It's just piracy with no interesting homebrew and the little bit of homebrew it does have is made with illegal SDKs (not counting the Sony handhelds). I have a little bit of insider info and I would say don't worry about updating at this stage. If you can hold out do it otherwise just update. I have to be careful with what I say because the stuff I've been told was told in confidence but there is interesting stuff going on other than what The Flow and F0F have shown off. I can't give an ETA but from the sounds of it things are going to get good for the end user a lot faster than it did in the PS4 scene.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I' d updated to add my friend at work and game. They do have decent deals with now and plus, I'd say I could regret updating, but it'll be sometime tell theirs ever a ton of progress I'd imagine.. I think you'd have better luck on xbox, if you just wanted emulation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't have more than 2 grand in the bank? Some legal limitation? o_o
I guess you could say that. I'm on ssi, and they told me I couldn't have more than that at any one time, I guess it would be believed that I didn't really need the money if I had nothing to buy or spend money on. I had to get rid of my original bank account, so now I have only the ssi account, and my sister is the payee of the account. I also get a $41 card each month. together, I get $601 a month, then I have to spend $104 for my phone bill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet I dont need a dozen pieces of other shit to hack it :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sweet
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot