leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Especially since it comes with a free tempered glass screen protector

comes even with a glass sp ?
that is so sweet !

you know what, i will get one only IF i do not see that skull logo on the back of the case..(so like if they do not have that logo on the back ,then i will get one.)
and i do believe that ,that skull logo is their company logo or something.. *sigh*

i am OCD and i dislike death related things, and the skull is offending to me for some reason.

i have no idea why, but i am defintely OCD about those kind of things..

The weight does not bother me one bit. It does feel much sturdier with the case on. I know what you mean about the joycons wiggling and feeling kinda loose and this case completely alleviates that problem. It makes the switch feel like one sturdy connected unit. Also, holding it with one hand feels much better while using this case. I no longer feel like a joycon will break off.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does also also cover the sides nicely. The only part not covered by the case is the front and the triggers. It covers the back, top, bottom and sides and has a lip that goes all the way around the edge of the switch. It even has a spot to attach a lanyard!

suweet , thanks for confirming that for me.

defintely picking one up later on.

Reactions: StonedPurple

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not a carrying case, it's more like a phone case for your switch. They have a slim version that's like a rubber case and then they have this version which is more sturdy. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M2G7S8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZzJEzbM9F4NST
I have this protector.
I kind of regret getting it because (this should have have been obvious to myself, but I didn't consider it) it doesn't fit any of the carrying cases, binders, satchels, or numerous containers/accessories.
So please consider that when you get this.
I wanted a protective case that would fit with all of my other stuff, but it's way too bulky.
I would say that it's good if you're going on a hiking trail or going somewhere active outdoors. Or maybe a park. I could see a kid on a playground. This would be good for them.
Any other situation: get something thinner.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everyone posting that Kickstarter project realizes they may not even get those cases when they are "finished" with the project, due to "unforseen" "logistic" and "manufacturing" costs. We all remember Coolest Cooler, right? :rolleyes:

I think the case OP posted is very nice, and it will still protect the unit from falls due to the raised edge on the front of the case. I haven't been looking for a case yet, but I think I will start now after seeing this!

mangotowel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by mangotowel,

StonedPurple

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this protector.
I kind of regret getting it because (this should have have been obvious to myself, but I didn't consider it) it doesn't fit any of the carrying cases, binders, satchels, or numerous containers/accessories.
So please consider that when you get this.
I wanted a protective case that would fit with all of my other stuff, but it's way too bulky.
I would say that it's good if you're going on a hiking trail or going somewhere active outdoors. Or maybe a park. I could see a kid on a playground. This would be good for them.
Any other situation: get something thinner.
I have the blue Zelda carry case and my switch still fits in it with this case on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hold on, how do you get the joy cons out :wtf:
You have to take the case off. It's a minor annoyance but I play handheld 95% of the time so it's not really a big deal to me. Like I said in an earlier post, if you play docked a lot you might be better off with another case. However, this case isn't too hard to get off.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish griffin would make a Nintendo case every one of these cases has no screen front protector like a griffin case has for tablets etc they even make custom ones for tablets with keyboards.. one of my biggest gripes with Switch cases ...Still have yet to find one better then this : https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Protective-Case-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B06XYYD8B2/?th=1
or this battery case: https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-S...8&qid=1503028349&sr=8-1&keywords=743840872191
Why would you need a front protector? Most people have a tempered glass screen protector and a carrying case that encases the entire unit so no need for that.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you need a front protector? Most people have a tempered glass screen protector and a carrying case that encases the entire unit so no need for that.
I am clumsy x.x .. My devices are precious to me o.o the ones that are portable get the best case i can find that will protect it from a drop which most of my devices that re portable have not counting the 2ds x.x its sadly another that has no full on case least the 3ds is a clam shell design so a back and bottom case is perfect o.o

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cybrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to deal with that then don't get the case.
I guess that’s a fair response. I’ve noticed myself primarily using the Switch in handheld mode when I expected to primarily use it in docked mode, anyway, so maybe I’ll end up getting something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.