Founder of Take-Two Interactive, Ryan Brant, has passed away

220px-Take-Two_Interactive_Logo.svg.png

Ryan Brant, the man who founded one of the largest video game publishers, Take-Two Interactive, has passed away. Take-Two Interactive owns both 2K Games and Rockstar Games, and is known for publishing influential game series such as BioShock, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto, and more. Brant created the company in September of 1993, where he helped run it until he retired officially in 2001, after which he would serve as chairman until he fully left the company in 2006. Ryan Brant passed away at the young age of 49 due to cardiac arrest.

:arrow: Source

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Chary for posting this for me. I knew you would do it so much better than I could thus why I pm'd you.

Such a shame he will only be remembered for the hot coffee and the shares scandals. Yes he had his faults but at heart he truly was a wonderful human being.

RIP and thank you for everything Ryan

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
My condolences to his family and close ones.
Thank you for everything you've done for the gaming industry, Ryan.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Very sad at such a young age but on a happier note Bioshock was such an incredible step in FPS’s I remember now booting the game up on pc for the first time and the graphics were out of this world a hugely influential game.

Reactions: DANTENDO

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very sad at such a young age but on a happier note Bioshock was such an incredible step in FPS’s I remember now booting the game up on pc for the first time and the graphics were out of this world a hugely influential game.
Yep for me best shooter series ever made -
Yep for me best shooter series out ther - ther has to be another one made though at least borderlands still active

Reactions: Reecey

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course everyone could say "who cares? was just one of billions of people! the life goes on" - but I think such news are also very important. It shows our mortality, it shows how quick our lives are, how fast it is. And I think it remind us to love ourselves and the others we have. To enjoy even the little moments in live.
To quote Ernest Hemingway: "Everey day above earth is a good day."

RIP and my condolences to his family and close ones.

And thanks chary for informing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1