Hacking Four quick questions, mostly in relation to the vWii

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: If I backup my WiiU's nand, does that include the vWii segment as well, or do I have to make a backup dump of that separately?

2: If my vWii gets bricked, is there a way to restore it from backup of either the whole WiiU nand or just the vWii nand?

3: The hacking guide said that installing WADs and IOS files would brick the vWii.... does that only refer to installing an IOS through a WAD, or absolutely any WAD? I know you can't install Priiloader on vWii, but what about a USB Loader Forwarder channel so I don't have to go through homebrew loader to boot that?

4: Is there a way to disable the native save copy/move lockout on the vWii the same way Priiloader can disable it on a real Wii? I know there are homebrew save managers, but I want to know if the native built-in save management can disable the copy lockout of your save data on the WiiU's vWii.... mainly because that's the format all of my save backups from my real Wii are in.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: If I backup my WiiU's nand, does that include the vWii segment as well, or do I have to make a backup dump of that separately?

Use Dump Mii NAND to backup your vWii. It's a vWii homebrew app. The file size should be 512MB and you need a SD card at least this big. (1GB or bigger, format to FAT 32) Remember, after you back up your NAND to keep all the files that came from it it safe. (Put on cloud or copies on backup storage including the keys.bin)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dump-mii-nand-a-bootmii-format-nand-bin-nand-dumper-for-vwii-wii.358977/

2: If my vWii gets bricked, is there a way to restore it from backup of either the whole WiiU nand or just the vWii nand?
Use this homebrew that is for WII U to restore your vWii NAND if anything should go wrong after you dump it.
https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/vWii-NAND-Restorer/releases

3: The hacking guide said that installing WADs and IOS files would brick the vWii.... does that only refer to installing an IOS through a WAD, or absolutely any WAD? I know you can't install Priiloader on vWii, but what about a USB Loader Forwarder channel so I don't have to go through homebrew loader to boot that?

Make sure the wads are safe to use first. Virtual console games, Wii ware. Make sure you ask from reliable source is safe for vWii use. IOS should never be installed unless is a custom ios that doesn't replace any official ios. (These custom ios occupy numbers in the 200+ range, anything lower is dangerous) Most likely you'll only need custom ios 249 and 250. These are the ones use for usb loaders to play game disc backups.

4: Is there a way to disable the native save copy/move lockout on the vWii the same way Priiloader can disable it on a real Wii? I know there are homebrew save managers, but I want to know if the native built-in save management can disable the copy lockout of your save data on the WiiU's vWii.... mainly because that's the format all of my save backups from my real Wii are in.

Not sure if that is possible. But if you may be able to import save data that was copied from your wii system menu to import them into dolphin emulator and use a save manager to get the data that can be injected into your system with homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: