Paralel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to participate you have to go to this site:

http://www.powertogether.com/

It's a site created by Microsoft to drum up consciousness about Vista and Office 2007.

If you sign up and watch/listen to 3 "webcasts" about Vista and/or Office 2007 you get a free copy of Vista and/or Office 2007 (depending on if you sign up for one or both offers).

The only trouble I have run into is that the site has a bunch of quirks/bugs that haven't been ironed out yet (the site only came out of beta two days ago), so don't be surprised if you hit a few errors/slowdowns along the way. It's nothing that you can't get around, it just gets a little annoying.

I don't get anything if people sign-up and I have nothing to do with the site and/or Microsoft. There is no ulterior motive here. I posted this here so people can get a free copy of Microsoft's typically overpriced software. Feel free to spread it around to any other places/people you think might want to participate and get free stuff.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hmmm, are there proofs that it's a Microsoft website?
I did some research and found out that it's only for US resident (and it seems to be real).
frown.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Domain Name.......... powertogether.com
Creation Date........ 2006-10-03
Registration Date.... 2006-10-03
Expiry Date.......... 2007-10-03
Organisation Name.... Philip Colebrook
Organisation Address. Flat 13, Inner City House
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. London
Organisation Address. SE14 6QP
Organisation Address. -
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Edit: Hmm, after another look it seems pretty legit. DNS is provided by dns-servers on msft.net, which seems to be owned by MS:

Registrant:
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
US

Domain name: MSFT.NET

Administrative Contact:
Administrator, Domain [email protected]
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
US
+1.4258828080

JesterDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried it out, and needed to install netmeeting. After that I'm asked for a key of some kind which I don't have.. So yeah, it's buggy as hell. I'll just get my copy the usual way.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is indeed legit. I've already scored Office 2007 Pro and have watched 2 of the Videos to get Vista. They are boring as shit though. I started the vid and came back an hour later after it was done.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Now this is something I don't envy the US guys here about
tongue.gif

After all, we're not racing to our computer death's, are we? And now, it's time for your favorite time of the day! Extreme Coder's PC Tip!
PC Tip: Use linux(preferably Ubuntu, if you're new)
We bet this tip was something you couldn't figure out on your own( 100% gurantee, no refunds tho)

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
Now this is something I don't envy the US guys here about
tongue.gif

After all, we're not racing to our computer death's, are we? And now, it's time for your favorite time of the day! Extreme Coder's PC Tip!
PC Tip: Use linux(preferably Ubuntu, if you're new)
We bet this tip was something you couldn't figure out on your own( 100% gurantee, no refunds tho)

heaps funny I'm installing ubuntu(for my mum) on my old pc as i read this
wtf.gif
. I'm putting gentoo on mine as soon as i back up all my data.
I think that Vista will give linux greater popularity.

Paralel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not mentioning it was only valid in the US, I forgot to include that in the original post. I guess being in the US I forget about the international nature of the forum, and this forum is more so than most I visit. My bad.

As far as people saying it's spam/non-legit, I can understand people being skeptical, but why not investigate it first before saying that. I don't expect anyone to take any post at face value, but it's just poor form to say something like that without even looking into it/doing an incomplete investigation first. My compliments to the people who actually looked into it and realized it was for real.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't give a fuck... My school already gives me every Microsoft software I want for free
Ditto.

We don't get the full office suite but plenty of everything else. Including a build of vista from oct 05 :[

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not mentioning it was only valid in the US, I forgot to include that in the original post. I guess being in the US I forget about the international nature of the forum, and this forum is more so than most I visit. My bad.

As far as people saying it's spam/non-legit, I can understand people being skeptical, but why not investigate it first before saying that. I don't expect anyone to take any post at face value, but it's just poor form to say something like that without even looking into it/doing an incomplete investigation first. My compliments to the people who actually looked into it and realized it was for real.

doesn't matter now as the free copies are gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..