Freebie games available this week (Updated 9/5/2020)

Banner.png

Hello Tempies! With everyone stuck at home we're blasting through our backlogs at blazing fast speeds. Are you running low on games to play? Perhaps you want to snag some freebies? Don't worry, we've got you covered! This thread contains an ever-expanding list of deals and freebies you can snag, updated weekly for your gaming pleasure! We'll do our best to keep it up-to-date with the latest offers, since you know what they say - you can't beat free! Follow the links below to redeem the offers, however keep in mind that many are tied to pre-existing services like PSPlus or Xbox Live Gold, or have a specific time window. With that out of the way, dig in - it's time to play!

Steam.png

UBI.png

Epic.png

PSN.png

XBL.png

Google Play.png

Apple.png

GOG.png

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Over on the Xbox side, you can add not only the first 2 Crackdown games but all their DLC to your library for free. I don't think there was any press report of this, just seemed to happen really, so don't know when (or if) this is still the case as I naturally snapped up all I didn't have on sight (not sure about the 2nd game, but the first remains a great game to play!)

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would like to add that China and Germany do not get uncharted they instead get knack 2, also as the play at home initiative has no psn/purchase requirement you can just make an account from either region and claim it as well
I would like to add that this means you actually can get three games for free in this play at home initiative. If you're from Germany, add a non-German account to your PS4. I created an Austrian account and was able to install grab Uncharted on that account. With the PS4 set as primary console for both of my accounts, I am able to play the Uncharted Collection on my German account as well.

If you're from the US or any other territory, simply add a German account to your ps4 and grab Knack 2.

Allthough it is unclear to me why Germany got a different game in the first place. The Uncharted collection is neither banned nor classified as 18+ and is available for purchase both physically and on the PSN marketplace.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I realize that the only game I can get is Deus Ex Go because I don't have a PC, XBOX or PlayStation
8aescott2.png
If you intend to purchase either of those platforms in the future, you can still now grab these titles from their stores using a browser. That way, you'll instantly have content to play when you get on those platforms (or with backwards compatibility, the next generation of consoles.)

Last edited by Localhorst86,

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you intend to purchase either of those platforms in the future, you can still grab these titles from their stores using a browser. That way, you'll instantly have content to play when you get on those platforms (or with backwards compatibility, the next generation of consoles.)
Well that's good to know, thanks.

Reactions: Willgheminass

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
isn't it tuesday?
It was supposed to go up yesterday. :P
Over on the Xbox side, you can add not only the first 2 Crackdown games but all their DLC to your library for free. I don't think there was any press report of this, just seemed to happen really, so don't know when (or if) this is still the case as I naturally snapped up all I didn't have on sight (not sure about the 2nd game, but the first remains a great game to play!)
Yes, Crackdown 1 & 2, as well as Too Human are available for free, they were added to freebies around the time Crackdown 3 was released, I'll add them to the list!
I would like to add that China and Germany do not get uncharted they instead get knack 2, also as the play at home initiative has no psn/purchase requirement you can just make an account from either region and claim it as well
Very good point, I'll add that one too! :D

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Allthough it is unclear to me why Germany got a different game in the first place. The Uncharted collection is neither banned nor classified as 18+ and is available for purchase both physically and on the PSN marketplace.

Might be something to do with giving it away for free. There has been a few things in the past (demos) that were locked behind the PS+ paywall in Germany, but free everywhere else.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you so much for all the freebies :)
Thank you for writing.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
EVIL GENIUS NOW AVAILABLE FREE!
Take over the world without spending a dime!

REDACTED LOCATION, May 6, 2020 - Evil Genius is FREE! Courtesy of independent UK studio Rebellion, Elixir’s classic world domination sim can be yours for just zero pennies and cents – but only for a limited time!

Since Rebellion’s SO dastardly, they’re not disclosing when the giveaway will end – so players better grab their free copies of Evil Genius quick to avoid delicious, delicious heartbreak!

To claim your free Steam copy of the original Evil Genius, all you have to do is click this link or enter http://reb.to/EvilGenius into your browser and follow the instructions – even a minion could do it!

With Evil Genius 2: World Domination on the way (more news to come!), now is the perfect time to return to where it all began with Evil Genius.
Build your secret evil lair, train up minions, recruit special henchmen and take on outrageous missions as you to plot to take over the world in one of the most unique and beloved strategy games of all time.

Players can check out Rebellion’s new tips video to help them get started!

Rebellion giving away Evil Genius for FREE may seem like some kind of do-goodery, but don’t be fooled. In fact it’s the nefarious studio’s latest EVIL PLOT!

Thinking of learning the clarinet during lockdown? Using all the extra time to finally complete that forgotten painting? Guess again!

With Evil Genius now free, it’s guaranteed to distract you from all the things you know you should do. Yes, thanks to Evil Genius, Rebellion will put a stop to any and all homebound productivity, sending the world into an inexorable nadir of ineffectiveness! Mwahahahaha!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Added some more games to the list, including Evil Genius, Boris and the Dark Survival, Lemmings and the enormous Anomaly Über Bundle. The bundle seems to be pretty popular, to the point that the giveaway crashed the developer's site, so check back in regularly as the Anomaly games are on offer until June 6th. All you need to do is subscribe to their newsletter and you'll get your Steam key via e-mail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol