Homebrew Freeshop on 11.8

tacticurn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then you must have missed this announcement:
We have a pretty good clue Nintendo wasn't kidding this time about improving "stability".
Also, we have a pretty good clue that they didn't redesign the security architecture of the 3DS to be like the Switch. It would mean redesigning the hardware as well. They have, for what we know, made a change to the downloader and installer, but not what happens after that. So that now you're only allowed an eshop download after a certificate check in their database of users that paid for software. But since their cartridges are not signed with a unique certificate, like the Switch cartridges are, they won't be able to implement the same tight controls, because it would break any existing 3ds cartridge online capabilities, both for multiplayer and for updating, which is still handled by the same software, except this time the eShop does not ask for a certificate.
It was about damn time they got around to it, must have worked on it for quite a while.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understand the basics of every comment in this thread, but just an extra noob question, I didn’t update to 11.8, so am I safe to use freeshop then? Or should I still stick to cia and fbi?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More specifically I’m on 11.6.0
I am also on 11.6, online works fine still, I played me some Mario Golf again last night. This is a cartridge game. It says "You must update" but I have yet to be forced. If you have FBI installed, which I kind of assume since you're in this thread, you can go to Pending titles and delete them if your 3ds downloads the 11.8 update and prompts you for installation.

Last edited by tacticurn,

WarioWaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The auto updating title key website is down but the freeshop proper seems to be working just fine by itself. however I haven't updated any of my devices to 11.8

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What will happened if I get the Banned? I dont play Online games, and I dont have a Switch, If I get banned will my N3DS stop working? If not then I thinks its ok for me to download games on freeshop, and if I update games using FreeShop will I get banned also?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What will happened if I get the Banned? I dont play Online games, and I dont have a Switch, If I get banned will my N3DS stop working? If not then I thinks its ok for me to download games on freeshop, and if I update games using FreeShop will I get banned also?
Depends on the type of ban. They can include banning you from online play. Your system can not stop working from a ban, nor can Nintendo brick your system. Nobody knows until it happens.

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your system will probably still be playable and in some situations you can always unban yourself AFAIK. Still not the best thing to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D