Homebrew WIP FreeShopNX

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need those files. The github does not provide those. Either get them from the internet or dump them yourself.

Unlikely.

If you even attempt to go to the eshop/play online after downloading one of these games, you will be instantly banned from the eshop and from playing online.

The NRO should be there. From there you simply load up the homebrew launcher by pressing R and opening the Album.

The one that i found does not work with me. Like i said, the "list" is divided with a "|" and not with a ",". If i attempt to use that list with FreeShopNX, the app crashes and doesn't load any title.

CDN Ban is something that i don't think that ever happened yet. They cannot simply CDN ban consoles from getting system updates or game updates. There are games that are incomplete from the package.
LA Noire for example, the game is unplayable if it doesn't have the patch. What happens if i legitimately buy the game? Will Nintendo refuse to grant me the rest of the game that i paid for?
A CDN ban is something really unrealistic. Not even in the 3DS era they banned something for that.

EDIT: Just saw the thread where Nintendo is supposedly banning certs from CDN. Good thing that the cert that i am using isn't my own. :rofl2:

Thanks for the reply, i might be either blind or dumb (or both ;p) then, i dont see the NRO.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really answer my question.

Since we own TrustZone and we are manually providing a ticket and a certificate, we could be making the connection and not sending any actual console specific info. Couldn't we?

Console cert is needed to gain authenticated access. Ticket doesn't grant this.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really answer my question.

Since we own TrustZone and we are manually providing a ticket and a certificate, we could be making the connection and not sending any actual console specific info. Couldn't we?
*facepalm*
*breathe in*
*breathe out*
We can manipulate everything we want from the console side (which we have done already). What we cannot manipulate is what Nintendo's own CDN servers want which is a console's unique certificate. The only way to do that is by hacking the CDN itself and trust me, being banned would be the least of your worries if you tried that.

tl;dr: What you are trying to do is hack the server and not the console because the console is not forcing itself to use the certificate, the server is the one asking for it.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silver lining:

Can't be nagged about system updates if you're banned from CDN and can't download anything from CDN

*insert Roll Safe meme*

Pottsy292

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone's cert been banned yet after using this?
I know Public certs for CDNSP have been banned but has anyone who did not disclose their cert publicly been banned?
I'm being really hesitant, waiting to see how Nintendo will counteract this

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can somebody tell me why there are 2 different lists for FreeShopNX.txt on the web?

One has shorter titleID'S and it's divided with "|"
Another has more zero's (0000) on the titleID and it's divided with ","

Thing is, only the one divided with "," works for me. The first one (and supposedly, continuously updated one) doesn't work here. When opening the homebrew app, the gamelist is blank and the app crashes, only fixable with a hard-reset.

Any fix on this?

Last edited by LightOffPro,

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can somebody tell me why there are 2 different lists for FreeShopNX.txt on the web?

One has shorter titleID'S and it's divided with "|"
Another has more zero's (0000) on the titleID and it's divided with ","

Thing is, only the one divided with "," works for me. The first one (and supposedly, continuously updated one) doesn't work here. When opening the homebrew app, the gamelist is blank and the app crashes, only fixable with a hard-reset.

Any fix on this?

Er, have you used a version someone else compiled? The source reads by splitting specifically on the "|" delimiter.
Code:
// ...
stringstream ss(buf);
string s_rightsID, s_titleKey, titleName;
getline(ss, s_rightsID, '|');
getline(ss, s_titleKey, '|');
getline(ss, titleName, '|')
// ...
As it stands there's really no way the original program would work with a CSV-style file. Also, why the Title IDs you might be seeing have extra data on the end is because they are Rights IDs. A standard TitleID is 16 hex digits long, but the RightsID is 32 hex digits, of which the first 16 are the titleID, and the last 16 indicate the corresponding master key based on the version required by the game. You can see a little lower what happens when the format isn't followed:
Code:
// ...
if (s_rightsID.length() != 32 || s_titleKey.length() != 32 || titleName == "")
      continue; 

u64 titleID = strtoull(s_rightsID.substr(0, 16).c_str(), NULL, 16);
u8 masterKey = stoul(s_rightsID.substr(16, 32).c_str(), NULL, 16);
u64 titleKey1 = strtoull(s_titleKey.substr(0, 16).c_str(), NULL, 16);
u64 titleKey2 = strtoull(s_titleKey.substr(16, 32).c_str(), NULL, 16);
// ...

Last edited by _Shebang,

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Er, have you used a version someone else compiled? The source reads by splitting specifically on the "|" delimiter.
Code:
// ...
stringstream ss(buf);
string s_rightsID, s_titleKey, titleName;
getline(ss, s_rightsID, '|');
getline(ss, s_titleKey, '|');
getline(ss, titleName, '|')
// ...
As it stands there's really no way the original program would work with a CSV-style file.

I did use a version someone else compiled, as it was the only way for the .txt to load and not crash here.
That's it exactly why a guide on compiling this would be really, really appreciated.

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Any help?

My guess is that no one manages to compile this, and EVERYONE is using the pre-compiled version available online. There is literally 0 instructions on how to compile this on the internet.

EDIT: Fuck it i quit, i cannot find a solution to this error. I'll stick with the pre-compiled version that everyone has.

Last edited by LightOffPro,

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dont get whats the deal with a public github while being all criptic on how to compile the app and not uploading the last version compiled

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
using this will result in a CDN bann, so no more firmware updates and also no more game updates. not worth it IMHO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball