Apple Friend can't get battery replace by Apple due to "pen marks on battery"

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so basically my friend cant get his battery replace by apple, they are telling him its unsafe due to pen marks and he should buy a new phone and of course he doesn't want too. does that make any sense?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What they are trying to say (but might be legally prevented from saying) is that it was probably replaced with a third party battery at some point as no sanctioned battery should have any extra markings on it. Said third party battery (which might well even be one of theirs that technically failed testing, was made during a ghost shift, was stolen somewhere in China, was recovered from a dead phone....) could be dangerous, but in all likelihood is not.
You will likely have to go find one of those phone repair places and get them to source a new battery (I don't know about Canada but they did try to prevent shipping to the US a while back so that might be easier said than done). Bonus is that it will probably be cheaper than getting Apple to do it.

Or if you like you can do it yourself. It is usually not so hard, though I have not kept up with the latest models.

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What they are trying to say (but might be legally prevented from saying) is that it was probably replaced with a third party battery at some point as no sanctioned battery should have any extra markings on it. Said third party battery (which might well even be one of theirs that technically failed testing, was made during a ghost shift, was stolen somewhere in China, was recovered from a dead phone....) could be dangerous, but in all likelihood is not.
You will likely have to go find one of those phone repair places and get them to source a new battery (I don't know about Canada but they did try to prevent shipping to the US a while back so that might be easier said than done). Bonus is that it will probably be cheaper than getting Apple to do it.

Or if you like you can do it yourself. It is usually not so hard, though I have not kept up with the latest models.
I was considering doing it myself but im planing on going with said friend sometime soon to have a go at it again and if not ill fix it. Its currently like $35 for a battery repair.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ok so basically my friend cant get his battery replace by apple, they are telling him its unsafe due to pen marks and he should buy a new phone and of course he doesn't want too. does that make any sense?
That's just a way for them to say "your phone was serviced by a 3rd party so we won't help you" without actually saying it. They are dicks when it comes to that.

Reactions: Tizm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: