Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
gallery_111084_186_11768.jpg

From Dust has reached 500,000 sold since July. According to Ubisoft’s digital publishing manager Thomas Paincon, digital downloads are less risky, less costly, and tend to do well in the off season before the AAA titles arrive towards the end of the year. Paincon also pointed out that people who use digital platforms like XBLA and Playstation Network are more willing to take a chance on new properties.

From Dust was published by Ubisoft, and developed by game designer Eric Chahi, known for his work on Future Wars, Heart of Darkness, and Another World.

icon11.gif
Source

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can't believe you guys say it's a great game. I bought it when it came out. It's a terrible game. It's pretty much the only game on STEAM that they actually let you get a refund because it is awful, and crashes a lot. Luckily I did get a refund since I bought it when it first came out, if you buy it now you won't get the refund.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe you guys say it's a great game. I bought it when it came out. It's a terrible game. It's pretty much the only game on STEAM that they actually let you get a refund because it is awful, and crashes a lot. Luckily I did get a refund since I bought it when it first came out, if you buy it now you won't get the refund.
I had zero issues but then I bought it a later so maybe it got patched. Its one of those games where you get what you put in.

I'd hardly say it was terrible, very well made. How much time did you even put into it?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, these 500,000 sales are just from PSN and XBLA, no Steam sales are accounted for.

I've been interested in this game but never really had the funds to go buy it. I'll nab it one day or another, my friend gave it a run and said it was really cool.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see a company succeed when they take risks on new, fresh properties. And couple this news with the rumors that Alan Wake sold 1,500,000 copies thanks to digital downloads, it seems that they are the go to venue for companies to take chances.

Now let's hope they actually take advantage of this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.