FTP client for 3ds?

martenfur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I tried to look for it but didn't really find anything.
Is there an FTP client app that can browse files on an FTP server? My endgoal is being able to transfer files between two 3ds consoles directly, without having to use computer.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to look for it but didn't really find anything.
Is there an FTP client app that can browse files on an FTP server? My endgoal is being able to transfer files between two 3ds consoles directly, without having to use computer.
Well there is ftpd. But it doesn't allow file transfer between 2 3ds systems. It has to be between a pc or phone and a 3ds.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: As i see there are smartphone apps already, which could do it also e.g. FTPsync. Or by a Filemanager on your phone that supports ftp, you can connect to the both and move the files manually.

There would be a other way. Get a RasperryPi (a Zero will work), set it up as homeserver including a ftp client. Then you can set up a automatic syncronisation of the desired folder/files, when you launch ftpd on a 3DS . But you might need write a script to meet your goal.

The easiest would be to set it up in that way, if you plug it in a usb it boot up and sets up your server in your Network (Setting it up as access point would work, too. But you will need to change the Wifi in the 3DS each time). Then it searches automatically for your 3ds ftpd server and syncronizes the folder or files. Then if finished shut it down by e.g. a additional button on the raspi.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o