Suggestion Full-size images and "back" button.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Right now on mobile view, when you press the "back" button while seeing a full-size image the browser takes you to the previus page. This is very annoying as the only way to exit the full-size view mode is by clicking outside the image (which can be very difficult with GIANT images posted on some threads). My instinct is to press the back button, taking me to whatever page I was seeing before. :unsure:

Last edited by PabloMK7,
Reactions: jt_1258

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you talking about the image lightbox?

There should be a big close button in the top right to close the lightbox.

Capture.PNG

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I agree that it's not very intuitive though. Perhaps a floating message saying tap/click to revert back would be useful?
Not useful if the image takes the whole screen and you have to scroll (unless that message is always in the top of the screen).
Wouldn't it be better to make it have the same behaviour as attached images tho? The problem here is that tapping again to close is not very intuitive so you tend to press the "back" button ^^'

iirc it was possible to push an state to the browser history so it doesn't exit the page.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not useful if the image takes the whole screen and you have to scroll (unless that message is always in the top of the screen).
Wouldn't it be better to make it have the same behaviour as attached images tho? The problem here is that tapping again to close is not very intuitive so you tend to press the "back" button ^^'

iirc it was possible to push an state to the browser history so it doesn't exit the page.
I've tried to replicate light box facility with hotlinked images before but it doesn't seem to be possible. I think TJ confirmed this too.

The message could be pinned to an absolute position on the browser window if we went through with the change. But to be honest, it's never been brought up before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)