Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We might be the first reseller to receive them as we are in the Russian federation, so I just wanted to share those pictures. They sent them to us unassembled, so we will start to ship to our preorders only Wednesday we believe. So first Russian customers will soon be able to give you more reviews and feedback.
We did not know they were coming like that, but no big deal, just a bit of work.
Hello @3DgameShop, Have you started shipping out units yet?

Last edited by BigOnYa,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you started shipping out units yet?
I guess they're trying to show off. 3DGameShop is nowhere listed on the official Mig Switch resellers page.

pinkbeetle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Mostly likely a post from the team again. Good way to let the resellers know they're coming unassembled whilst also reinforcing the idea they're in Russia
I laugh my ass off every time I hear that the chip is from Russia...
I've actually seen a Russian youtuber debunk this myth in a video just recently.
Surprise surprise, those are actually Chinese!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly likely a post from the team again. Good way to let the resellers know they're coming unassembled whilst also reinforcing the idea they're in Russia
Yeah, I always thought that this would be one of the Xecuter guys running this account.

Reactions: BigOnYa

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
It is already quite february and there is not a single sign of shipping.
Maybe too early to call for snake oil but even the dumper is a clone of NXDumptool.
Post automatically merged:

No. Watch again.

Side note:
The private key for ntrboot on the DSi leaked along with the gigaleaks. This is unrelated to what was shown in the 37c3 presentation.

You didn't watch closely. The 37c3 presentation did not use NTRboot in the final hack. If you look at 23.58 min the key was discovered.

Fleeting

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe too early to call for snake oil but even the dumper is a clone of NXDumptool.

This is the main reason why I've been holding off on putting my order in until some official distributors receive their first shipment. Realistically, distributors should be receiving product fairly soon if everything's legit, so it shouldn't be much longer to wait.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Post automatically merged:

You didn't watch closely. The 37c3 presentation did not use NTRboot in the final hack. If you look at 23.58 min the key was discovered.
You don't know how RSA works. He showed public keys. https://media.ccc.de/v/37c3-11736-nintendo_hacking_2023_2008#t=1429

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
but even the dumper is a clone of NXDumptool.
The MIG offer you TWO ways to dump the games:
  • A app clone of NXDumpTool Basically, stripped down to only offer the option to dump the complete set of files.
  • A Cartdrige reader which one you can connect to USB and present the contents of the Cartdrige as files via UMS.

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
The MIG offer you TWO ways to dump the games:
  • A app clone of NXDumpTool Basically, stripped down to only offer the option to dump the complete set of files.
  • A Cartdrige reader which one you can connect to USB and present the contents of the Cartdrige as files via UMS.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
everyone was hoping this was going to be the next big thing for pirating on the switch...but it turned out to be the complete opposite since you need a damn cart to dump! :rofl2:

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So what that video says different? What does it contribute to the ALREADY WRITTEN LOTS OF TIMES on this thread and on the official site for the MIG??

Since day 0 THE MIG IS KNOW FOR ONLY SERVER TO RUN 1:1 COPY OF ORIGINAL CARTRIDGES.

So no news, no different is told

Or am I missing something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids