Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn’t use this flashcart even if it was given out free!! the biggest flaw with using this flashcart is in ofw because when you’re eventually banned which will happen…all this using the original certificates etc.. alongside your .xci rom is just a hype selling appealing trigger for everyone to buy it so you can use online and it will not save you from a ban!! Soon as your lovely switch Oled is banned that’s it no more online access you cannot update any of your games, no access to cloud saves, no Eshop access you can probably update the switch but it’s useless you have no cfw access to have options to save your switch to use unless you have it chipped which we all know nowadays the chips there putting out are cheap rubbish. This flashcart doesn’t stack up to me for a start every Nintendo Switch game goes through checks especially for “online” titles so for this flashcart working it’s using the ofw which has to be on the latest update, the game itself being on the latest update and then it checks from Nintendos own servers so the game can be officially booted, if these guys can hack and bypass all of these checks “Super Hackers” which I doubt it’s possible, it all stinks to me

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not what i asked and that is stated clear enough!
would it WORK on an unmodded switch using a fake cert while not going online ?
I think it would because it comes supposedly with the usb device for v2 switches to use, the way they describe how to use this, I believe they said don’t do that, trying to make it look like it’s not for piracy but to be honest, they probably don’t care how you use their cart.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 certs turn into the same Xbox 360 keyvault nightmare of people buying and returning systems(even malicious KV stealing homebrew) just to steal a key vault to sell

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting speculation from @hexkyz in this Twitter thread: https://nitter.net/hexkyz/status/1740168835607773473

Especially #5:

Not France, Germany. There's a Max Louarn associate from Germany, Kim Schmitz.

View attachment 410691

Source.

Fuck Kim Schnitz.
That's the megaupload guy.

But yeah, ever since the first time I heard about this mig switch flashcard I immediately got Gateway3DS/Team Xecutor/Paradox/Max Louarn vibes. Now we also have this:

Dude just got out of prison and is already working with these people again.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like 3D printing a key. You need to have access to the key to 3D print it, the lock isn't compromised. What it means is you can transmit it digitally and you can have unlimited copies of the key and every copy can open the door like the original until they change the lock.

Custom XCI would mean the lock is compromised.

Today you can share a eshop copy of a game with unlimited people the Nintendo way except only one can play at a time because you can only play on a non primary machine online. This takes away that limitation

Last edited by TomSwitch,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is like 3D printing a key. You need to have access to the key to 3D print it, the lock isn't compromised. What it means is you can transmit it digitally and you can have unlimited copies of the key and every copy can open the door like the original until they change the lock.

Custom XCI would mean the lock is compromised.
if you copy the key, the lock is intact, if you can create a DIFERENT key which open the door, THE LOCK HAS BEEN CRACKED.

by example some hotel doors have a key for the host, and the manager have a DIFFERENT key which open all doors, to create a new key which open one or more doors you need to crack open the lock, study it and create the key.

Hope the analogy works.

Reactions: Blythe93

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think about those key duplication service for you door key. You have the option to duplicate your door key unless your door is so unique that they don't have stock of the blank key. Now they maybe they do.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Think about those key duplication service for you door key. You have the option to duplicate your door key unless your door is so unique that they don't have stock of the blank key. Now they maybe they do.
Cool that is a very good analogy. because the certificate and UID of the cartridge are like the holes on the blank key.

if you don't have a blank key you can use a rotary CNC tool to create one but you need to know the way the lock is inside.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the megaupload guy.

But yeah, ever since the first time I heard about this mig switch flashcard I immediately got Gateway3DS/Team Xecutor/Paradox/Max Louarn vibes. Now we also have this:

Dude just got out of prison and is already working with these people again.

I got to give the guy some respect for the hustle if this is true. I don't know if these twitter posts are real but it seems in 6 months he got himself a condo with a backyard in east Toronto. Considering the home prices there it looks like maybe a 700k condo
https://nitter.net/Bowser_GaryOPA/status/1718371170544730345#m
https://nitter.net/Bowser_GaryOPA/status/1729956488666366066#m

Got himself a nice gaming PC after 7 months
https://nitter.net/Bowser_GaryOPA/status/1727836213778776409#m

After 8 Months he is back with a flash cart and we here. I hope this guy doesn't end up screwed again before we see this come out. I am not even sure if the twitter posts are him posting, someone could be faking the info.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to give the guy some respect for the hustle if this is true. I don't know if these twitter posts are real but it seems in 6 months he got himself a condo with a backyard in east Toronto. Considering the home prices there it looks like maybe a 700k condo
https://nitter.net/Bowser_GaryOPA/status/1718371170544730345#m
https://nitter.net/Bowser_GaryOPA/status/1729956488666366066#m

Got himself a nice gaming PC after 7 months
https://nitter.net/Bowser_GaryOPA/status/1727836213778776409#m

After 8 Months he is back with a flash cart and we here. I hope this guy doesn't end up screwed again before we see this come out. I am not even sure if the twitter posts are him posting, someone could be faking the info.
He did an interview in darknet diaries apparently Gary is doing decently well now

• Love

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Correct me if im wrong, but you can create unlimited amount of key for that lock, but when the hotel realise their lock has been compromised, they'll just change the lock, right?

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 certs turn into the same Xbox 360 keyvault nightmare of people buying and returning systems(even malicious KV stealing homebrew) just to steal a key vault to sell
It really gives all the more reason to push all digital. No flashcarts, less entry points, heck even the PS5 has the optical drive as an entry point. These types of devices are just one of many reasons I imagine there is an all digital future.

• Angry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM