Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

tijuanatoker1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you have remorse for stealing from a multi-billion dollar company? It was actually pretty funny and I was genuinely angry when I heard they locked him up in an asylum. Like what the hell, he did a lot of crimes but he's just autistic!
Being autistic isn't an excuse for being a criminal. What terrible logic. Dude was verifiably insane.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you have remorse for stealing from a multi-billion dollar company? It was actually pretty funny and I was genuinely angry when I heard they locked him up in an asylum. Like what the hell, he did a lot of crimes but he's just autistic!
And ignoring concept8192.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure I've seen any definitive proof, but I hope not for his sake. What a dumb move that would be.
Plenty of massive connections have come out already. So it looks really bad.
He still got time to say "bye!" but I think it's far to late. Nintendo can easily get a subpoena and the rest will unfold.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He still got time to say "bye!" but I think it's far to late. Nintendo can easily get a subpoena and the rest will unfold.
I thought it was all speculation based on the website name and DNS server? It seemed really clear to me that someone was trying really hard to make it look like him and TX.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using the term 'autistic' like this is not acceptable, that isn't an excuse for being a criminal.
Post automatically merged:

Wonder if he still has his GBAtemp account online?

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

sysoverdr1ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must admit, being 14 with my first introduction to modding being in 2020 with consoles that have already reached their end of life and not having a lot happen ever since then for current gen consoles (as only recently now have I started following the hacking scene) watching all of this as it unfolds is quite exciting.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
As someone with autism, kindly DON'T treat us differently to THIS extent. Accommodations are one thing, protecting our rights is also another valid thing, but protecting majority of us from criminal charges (as much as I HATE Rockstar) is just fuckin' wrong. Ablism in GBATemp...damn. :sad:

ANYWAYS...This does look interesting, I had a sky3ds back in the day and it was neat, CFW beats these kinda things any day for ""backups"" but if this is more accessible for those with markio/lite/aulas then by all means I'm gonna be watching over this lol.

Panne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just guessing here but maybe this flashcart isn't intended for us guys, the users of this forum. The guys that have the knowledge to download stuff and mod their consoles will probably not be the right buyer for this flashcart.
There is a HUGE market of selling physical pirated games, dvd, blurays etc in China and big parts of Asia. Its been like that for as long as there been consoles. Remember the 16-bit SNES where you could buy cartridges with 100 games etc? My father brought that home from his businesstrips to Asia (long before internet). There will always be folks with bad or no internet connection that just wanna plug in a game and play it. I'm pretty sure these memory cards will be sold on markets in Asia, Turkey and other places where the law look the other way

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm just guessing here but maybe this flashcart isn't intended for us guys, the users of this forum. The guys that have the knowledge to download stuff and mod their consoles will probably not be the right buyer for this flashcart.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so lightly. Despite agreeing with you about the product's acquisition profile, the vast majority of users have particular interests in the success and failure of the flashcart, with different reasons for being here:

Some are here to see how hot it is. I remember Picofly being just a Craiglist topic with very questionable photos. Although it's not the same case, currently the status of the project is "OK, put some Russian stuff airfigthers and call it MIG" and diffuse information.

Others are here, like me, to watch the project unfold and wait for which exploit he uses to bypass Lotus3, dreaming that this will be used by one of our best minds to improve the hard/soft hacking scenario.

And finally there are those who just want to see who is behind the puppet strings, and how long Ninty will summon her lawyers in attack mode, knowing that by now she must already be placing her trap card face down.

Even though most of us don't get to touch a MIG (if that isn't vaporware), it's a snow day, the fun is outside.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
... this is as clear as day if you work with DNS

https://gbatemp.net/threads/flash-cart-for-the-switch-incoming.644953/post-10324761 - better to look here

EDIT: Basically everything points to it's the old gang back together. Not even need to speculate with "maaaaaybe...."
Are you saying there's no way someone could hack it to make it look like him? "Poisoning" I think he called it. I'm not familiar with DNS stuff so just curious.

The main reason I was sceptical was that "AfterTimeX" was such an obvious giveaway that surely it must be someone taking the piss.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can you please rephrase this statement without using an old derogatory and insulting term?
no can do because rephrase the true is normally using euphemism which remove the correct meaning, in this case he is talking about an actual person with a big mental damage who on today´s standard holds no accountability for their actions, that is no good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo