Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are there still no images of the switch dumper though. I just watched their promo video. I guess their from Russia but I got to say for some reason the music they used reminded me of lupin the third.
Apparently there’s an IC shortage and they only have 5 on hand and it’s needed for in-house development use. It looks like they’re going to sell the flash card individually and you’ll need a modded switch to make the dumps.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there’s an IC shortage and they only have 5 on hand and it’s needed for in-house development use. It looks like they’re going to sell the flash card individually and you’ll need a modded switch to make the dumps.
Borrow your friends dumps.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that’s true, I guess buying that dumper separately will cost $20-$30 and anyone with a v2 will just really get banned if the current xci games online work on this. I guess we won’t know if bans can actually be prevented with our own game carts.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an older v1 sitting around I never modded, and OLEDs with broken displays would be a good candidate for alien probing. If this device makes it to my spaceship before the meddling kids and their dog, I’ll beam back the results.

Reactions: realtimesave

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm seeing that tomorrow is a work day, I wonder if we will see some response from the big N. time to grab popcorn and a coke, well I have pepsi but still.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If that’s true, I guess buying that dumper separately will cost $20-$30 and anyone with a v2 will just really get banned if the current xci games online work on this. I guess we won’t know if bans can actually be prevented with our own game carts.
Just let go, there's no dumper. Its literally a scam to legitimize an illegal product.

You people are so screwed who bought into this.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: DJPlace and ber71

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fingers crossed. A tenner for postage is bloody cheeky though.

It is a lot and I must confess I was on my 3rd can of Monster when I made the imperiously wise decision to buy this thing & I was clearly thinking straight :rofl2:

But seriously I think there were 2 options for delivery, the first was £6 or if you paid £10 you would be included in 'wave 2' of the deliveries. Caffeine was running rampant at this point and I was all in!

Should the sh*t hit the fan I paid with my trusty credit card (dust blown off it and wiped down from non use) so I should have a decent level of protection.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just let go, there's no dumper. Its literally a scam to legitimize an illegal product.

You people are so screwed who bought into this.
There probably will be one even if it’s sadly sold separately. I do think the dumper is the main selling point, also the cart itself might be more useful for the time being for v1 or modded switch’s for anyone that wants the extra storage and I’m hoping some homebrew could make this cart work differently for game selection. V2 switch’s that aren’t modded might have to wait for a proper revision but homebrew could possibly make a game menu app or just press Zr or something for games to change. Till this thing is officially released we could all hope for something useful to come out of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/