Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There probably will be one even if it’s sadly sold separately. I do think the dumper is the main selling point, also the cart itself might be more useful for the time being for v1 or modded switch’s for anyone that wants the extra storage and I’m hoping some homebrew could make this cart work differently for game selection. V2 switch’s that aren’t modded might have to wait for a proper revision but homebrew could possibly make a game menu app or just press Zr or something for games to change. Till this thing is officially released we could all hope for something useful to come out of this.
I agree. The dumper is the main selling point and what interests me most. I really don’t care for having to keep reinserting the cart to switch games. Perhaps someone with the technical know how could remove the screw and figure out a way to install a button that temporarily shorts the circuitry making the console think that it’s been removed to reduce the wear and tear on the slot. Which reminds me of the NES days and having to wiggle the cart on worn out systems.

Last edited by Wario,

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I agree. The dumper is the main selling point and what interests me most. I really don’t care for having to keep reinserting the cart to switch games. Perhaps someone with the technical know how could remove the screw and figure out a way to install a button that temporarily shorts the circuitry making the console think the it’s been removed and reduce the wear and tear on the slot. Which reminds me of the NES cartridge days and having to wiggle the cart on worn out systems.

The button should be the smalest problem to add. The problem now is still that we don't know if the card even works or if it was just a Nice Video Edit on an already chiped Switch. Since it doesn't support Homebrew it's not even usefull for most of us.

Reactions: Dax_Fame

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. The dumper is the main selling point and what interests me most. I really don’t care for having to keep reinserting the cart to switch games. Perhaps someone with the technical know how could remove the screw and figure out a way to install a button that temporarily shorts the circuitry making the console think that it’s been removed to reduce the wear and tear on the slot. Which reminds me of the NES days and having to wiggle the cart on worn out systems.
Good times with the nes, I remember buying a 72pin and everything just started working one shut years ago, no more blinking, just stayed if I remember correctly on a solid screen if the game didn’t startup.

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone with autism, kindly DON'T treat us differently to THIS extent. Accommodations are one thing, protecting our rights is also another valid thing, but protecting majority of us from criminal charges (as much as I HATE Rockstar) is just fuckin' wrong. Ablism in GBATemp...damn. :sad:

ANYWAYS...This does look interesting, I had a sky3ds back in the day and it was neat, CFW beats these kinda things any day for ""backups"" but if this is more accessible for those with markio/lite/aulas then by all means I'm gonna be watching over this lol.
Ok my point was seriously misunderstood. I'm not saying he should be cleared of all charges just because he's autistic, I'm saying I find it really sad he was sent to a mental institution rather than a regular prison or something.
Same with a mental retard if they commit murder or any type of crime, they would still be prosecuted. Some people think they can do whatever they want and run free.
I will only be happy in this world when idiots stop calling autistic people the r slur

Atlas722

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Not really. He mostly just steal news and never give sources from where he gets his stuff from.
I'm not really familiar with the scene, but as long as he gives feedback about this flashcart and how safe it is with roms, with video footage, it'll be nice.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took one for the team and ordered one from Migswitch.store for $65.89 US

Attachments

• 2F071BD8-6097-4F18-8ED9-678F451283FA.jpeg
    2F071BD8-6097-4F18-8ED9-678F451283FA.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Blythe93

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took one for the team and ordered one from Migswitch.store for $65.89 US
I'll be curious just to see if you get it period, considering you are in the USA. Also be curious where that return shipping address is from. But hope you do get it!

Reactions: rvtr

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be curious just to see if you get it period, considering you are in the USA. But hope you do!
Not worried, since I used Apple Pay credit card and they are really good at refunding if the item never arrives or is junk. I've ordered from Temu, Wish, Dhgate, Ali many times and have been successfully covered by Apple. #worryfree

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Borrow your friends dumps.
Get the dumps yourself. :P

That's true, it's so small, you can easily drop it into an envelope and it can be sent to any mailbox without having to register or sign for it.
Well, there's the box too, so it would be in something like a padded envelope.

Reactions: BigOnYa

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be curious just to see if you get it period, considering you are in the USA. Also be curious where that return shipping address is from. But hope you do get it!
Don’t some people get away shipping without a return address, if not they might just put a fake address. Curious though since it’s been awhile aliexpress, they give free shipping offer because if I get this eventually, that’s where I will probably get it from.
Post automatically merged:

Get the dumps yourself. :P

Well, there's the box too, so it would be in something like a padded envelope.
Exactly especially if you know you don’t care about getting banned from this. By the way my banned switch might like this as a going away gift.

Reactions: BigOnYa

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t some people get away shipping without a return address, if not they might just put a fake address. Curious though since it’s been awhile aliexpress, they give free shipping offer because if I get this eventually, that’s where I will probably get it from.
Post automatically merged:

Exactly especially if you know you don’t care about getting banned from this. By the way my banned switch might like this as a going away gift.

Its a drop hub.
Ive seen this many times, China sends a bulk shipment, with no addresses, just product to a location in the states, then they sort it and package it out and send via local post. The return address is always in the states, but it a shipping hub, not a location.

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Now to think of it a little now ... i know now what i'm missing on this Product Pages.

"You ever saved a payment methods on your Switch and ya have still a good amount of money on them. Don't worry Brothers and Sisters we save ya from hassle and get all your payments methods and money. The only thing you need todo is Connect your Switch to the Internet and Insert the Mig-Switch Card in your Sys. They rest will happen fully automatic so don't worry." :rofl2:

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the actual release post to this will get as much posts or pages as both information threads of this flash cart. I’ll be surprised if it reaches 19-30 pages at this point because everything to possibly know about this is already said unless they are really hiding a feature to this cart we don’t know about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv...