OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
fcslogotranssmall_orig.png

Fuze Code studios is coming to Nintendo switch, The release is slated for 2018 Q2.
with Fuze code studio you can program with Python(Wow maybe Onmibreak was onto something /s), C#, ruby, and a lot more.

FUZE Code Studio is the perfect stepping stone between visual coding simulators currently used in most primary schools and real-world languages like Python, Java and C++/# etc. FUZE Code Studio comes with everything you need to learn to code in one app. Users can code their own games and share the experience with friends and family - imagine creating your own game then transferring it to a big screen with multiple controllers so others can play your creations. Thanks to Nintendo Switch's revolutionary design this becomes a reality - and coders will soon be learning how to interact with external devices, sensors and motion controls in ways not previously possible.

SOURCE (Nintendo Life)

Edit Website http://www.fuze.co.uk/nintendo-switch.html
Thanks @zoogie

Last edited by DeoNaught,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
One of the folks for this project was on Reddit. Though he was unable to disclose much, there are a few things I asked that he attempted to answer...

Asking about what sort of graphical capabilities we would have access to, he could only say that their objective was to allow users to create fast 2D and 3D games to a reasonably high standard. Could not disclose whether we'd have the ability to read/write files. Wants to work towards sharing programs, but cannot disclose. They are aiming for best possible performance, but cannot disclose more than that. And, can't anticipate any restrictions regarding docked/undocked modes, like possibly knowing which mode the system is set in so we could work with that.

Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Can I use it to program with C++?
You can theoretically write a VM to execute whatever language you like. You'll want to stick to basic though cause nobody will attempt to make something that silly (looks at Smilebasic community -- ugh)

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
why aren't other coding languages allowed?? are they afraid if we were to use a coding language like ruby, C# or C++ that it would allow people to create apps better than the releases on the console??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why aren't other coding languages allowed?? are they afraid if we were to use a coding language like ruby, C# or C++ that it would allow people to create apps better than the releases on the console??
now reading that over... I might have cringed a little... I have been only been awake for an hour ok... lol

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

FUZE Code Studio is the perfect stepping stone between visual coding simulators currently used in most primary schools and real-world languages like Python, Java and C++/# etc. FUZE Code Studio comes with everything you need to learn to code in one app.

Hmm, @zoogie where does it say only basic?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...