• Views 1,554
  • Replies 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted_171835

OP
http://pix.gbatemp.net/171835/G-20%20summit.PNG

The G20 summit is one that is known to have a lot of protests associated with it. The municipal government of Toronto thought it would boost tourism. Sadly, it just seems to introduce a bad image of Toronto to the rest of the world. While the government spends thousands of taxpayers dollars on a FAKE LAKE and are enjoying themselves, the rest of Canada is hearing about the insane clashes between protesters and police. The black-clad protesters or "thugs" (David Miller's choice of word) are the ones causing the violence, not the other protesters. They are smashing buildings with bricks, taking baseball bats and hitting police cars and vandalizing several shops. It's hard for them to get arrested because of their masks. They can't identify who is who even with the CCTV cameras installed. The police have been given the okay to use teargas, recently despite the controversial nature of the weapons. A new law that was apparently passed secretly gives police the right to arrest those who refuse to provide identification violating many Canadians privacy rights. I can hear police sirens in the background while I'm typing this and I'm not even in the vicinity of where the clashes are being taken place. Hosting the G20 here in Toronto was a bad idea. Remember the 2009 G-20 London summit? The rest of Canada and the world must be thinking, What the hell is going on?

adbce02d4ad1a240a43c0afd496b.jpeg
047e6b0342a5b61e234689fe4982.jpeg
photo_1277422294158-1-0_88732_G.jpg

icon11.gif
Info at PressForTruth

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hadn't heard they thought it would boost tourism... though I have to admit, many of the Toronto council members are more than stupid enough to think something like that, lol.

This summit is becoming more of a farce with each passing one that takes place... this kind of thing can be accomplished entirely over video conference in this day and age, without the insane expense and inconvenience put on whatever poor bastards are dumb enough to agree to host it. Toronto seems more like a fascist police state at the moment... the police presence, IMO, slightly outdoes the protests as being the more distasteful. But of course, these "leaders" need to be protected from the people they've done such a piss-poor job leading. While I don't condone violent protests, I can hardly blame people for being outraged by the excess these world leaders seem to enjoy (especially at these types of events, which are mostly an excuse to get together and lord it over their subjects, I think), and the freedom with which the Harper government is spending our tax dollars on this pointless summit.

I simply took the week off myself, as I have no desire to deal with any of this stuff.

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The police should've used those ear-piercing riot speakers that they bought. The protest was originally peaceful until those black bloc/SOAR douches showed up and ruined things for the protestors. I thought it was funny that police cars were on fire and innocent people are just standing around taking pictures. Cars on fire have been known to explode, people.

Mayor Miller is uber-pissed. lol

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have actually seen twice as many tourists downtown, then usual. (helped quite a few with directions)
The store I work at will be closed tonight (they were ordered too), usually open 24 hours. If it had been open last night it would have been flooded with protestors shopping. (thankfully it was not or I would have had to work then too.) I quite literally walked though the crowds on my way home after being told that no you are not working tonight or the next 3 nights. I can see maybe business would be good, if people were out. But the way it is I intend to stay home as much as possible (one of the bad protestors lives in my building and I do not want any trouble, they gathered out front).

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Footage of the Police Barricades and a decoy police car burning

It seems like Toronto is turning into a Police State. At least for this weekend. I don't blame most of the people for protesting. The government is wasting the money they get from taxpayers on worthless things.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8