Hacking G6 Lite secret codes to get it working again

skritzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens if when I turn on my DS, it freezes on the black g6 loader screen, and if I try it instead without the passcard the screen freezes black after the GBA logo flashes?

I JUST formatted my g6, first with windows and then with mputility, put the update files in the root directory, unplugged the usb, held A+B+Select+Start on the green text, and I too got random numbers frozen on the screen.

Whenever I do get past the G6 logo, none of my DS games show up on the menu. So far I've only been able to play one DS game since I got my g6 before it got corrupted. It's fixed thanks to that code, but it won't play anything, even GBA games.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. This is a real bummer. =(

skritzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even get to the green text, sadly. My card freezes either white or black after the GBA logo and chime, so I can't even enter the code. Also, now I can't format my card, let alone access it with my computer. I'm completely screwed, huh?

Mariois1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to throw this piece of junk in the trash -- I mean FFS!! Why is it so damn hard to get it to work already?! I mean for crying out loud, this product isn't cheap ya know!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I'll take any broken G6's off your hands
wink.gif

Mariois1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also my problem is that my flashcard keep acting like its 'full' how can you empty all the memory from it!? Please tell me!!!

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are the codes changed now since they got an icon for G6 Update on the gba mode, because when I press L+R+start+select when the green test shows - nothing happens. Also LRAB doesn't work. Am I doing it wrong? When "This product is not sponsored by Nintendo" shows I click L R start select but it just goes to the normal GBA menu. I tried a+b+start+select the same way and then "Reload system Yes/No" shows, but I can't get L R start select to work
frown.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah I don't have the G6 Lite, I have the oldest one. Maybe it has another code for this ?

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please help! Or else I'll have to buy a new one... any ideas why my G6 doesn't format itself when i press L,R,start,select ??

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe, old thread but my old problems 3 posts back haven't been fixed yet. Does the old G6 not have the format function or what?

What is the name of the old fat G6, so that I can search more on the subject myself?

Now that Mother 3 is out I need my good old G6 again!:P

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

A bit late, but better than never!

The fat one is just called "G6 Flash" if you want to find documentation. I believe they work the same way as the G6 lite however. Other than that, just try start+select on the green text or while starting the DS. That's for the newer G6 Real but it could be worth a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/04/08/walmart-settlement-meat-seafood-do-you-qualify/