Hacking g6 lite trial version

abc978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your g6 lite paper box has the tag ???, you get a trial version.

you can see the pic from winsunx.com
7.jpg

cyfaws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, the trial versions is what the reviewers here (and elsewhere) got, and were able to successfully update with english language firmware, the people which got retail chinese carts are not able to update successfully. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I really hope this thing gets sorted out...I'd hate to either cancel my order or have to live with a chinese cart...

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
No...ALL the current G6 lite's are Chinese carts, just wait and see when they next update. Even those people currently enjoying English will be forced to use the Chinese update in future. They just made a combined English/Chinese version of the beta software so they could send them off for reviews. (Very sneaky since they failed to mentioned that the firmware was region locked!)

The "Trial" tag relates to the fact that is doesn't come with the multi coloured cases as originally claimed. Once the cases are made you should be able to send the "trial" tag and get the extra 2 coloured cases.

According to the G6 team the English carts will start production in the next 2 weeks. (I am so glad I decided to order an EZ4 lite because the G6 lite was out of stock everywhere. It has saved me from getting a Chinese cart!)

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
The people with the trial carts can update to english only loaders. The trial version doesn't seem to be region locked like the "retail" carts are.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My box did not have a trial tag.

*sniff*

Unless they sell the cases separately, I don't think I'll be able to get them. I don't want to have to buy the cart again just for the cases.

dem1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where can you find chinese software to upgrade g6 firmware to the latest?

ceevee thanks a lot for your movie!! Watching it using the card seems a lot easy. I don't have a g6 yet but, what's that gba mode? is it the only way to run gba game?
i have this stickeron my package !
but i can t installed the english loader, only the chinese works (and the english+chinese v4.0)

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine has the sticker and came with 4.0a preinstalled with the english language. I will try to update to 4.0c as soon as i can and i will post my results.

abc978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 5 g6 lite form hopebuy in this morning.

They come with the chinese 4.0a loader and the circuit boards are marked june 9 2006.

I updated mine to the newest chinese 4.0c loader.

I think the circuit board marked march 22 2006 can run both loaders.

klonoakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice! i hope mine arrives on friday, they shipped it yesterday or today
i think

i live all the way on the east coast
frown.gif

abc where are you located !? i want mine fast too!!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, that packaging is different from the release I received - for starters, mine says "G6 Flash 3rd Generation", not "G6 Lite". The green tint is somewhat gross though.

What really interests me, (and will really be the only thing that makes a difference) is if the package will come with the originally advertised three coloured cases & a software disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk