Hacking Game compatibility issues with Dragon Ball Z games (Omega Definitive Edition)...

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far I've found most games work fine, at least in clean mode. There are occasional games that won't load or crash when trying to use add-ons. I can live with that... I can always list them as I find them, if there are Ezflash developers that want to know about them?

But I did come across one game that doesn't work on clean mode or add-on mode, so far... That's not to say their aren't others... But I'm only doing a tests into first levels or so of each game.

The game in question is;

Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu...

https://tcrf.net/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Taiketsu

Apparently this error can happen with other Dragonball Z GBA titles too (including Buu's Fury, but I haven't tested far enough into that one to see if the copy protection measure kicks in), and has something to do with memory detection.

Edit: tested with Buu's Fury, and hit the same problem...

BuusFuryPiracyThing.PNG

Is there anyway to fix this for the ODE?

Last edited by Baggins,

Baggins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further testing seems forcing to Flashram 128 seems to fix this issue in Taiketsu (still need to test Buu's Fury). Might want to fix this in a future firmware? So that auto chooses the right one.... Apparently originally these used Eeprom128...

El_Syd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can confirm that this is fixed for Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku and Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu. No forced settings and currently on Kernel 1.03 and firmware 4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay