OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
08b6QIa.png

Hey guys!

I've been planing to build a costum wallart build like the one in my fav. gaming webshow for my gaming room for some time. Since I am unfortunately no genius in this area I wanted to get me a few tips and suggestions from you guys before i buy all the consoles and then get screwed over by myself. So, I'm already aware of it that it is made out off gray lacquered consoles. Also, there are red LEDs behind it. But what do you think was painted over the consoles or do you have any tips for which spray paint i should use? And should i get groundig and finish? How do you think i could do that with the console logos and writtings, just for example on the OG Xbox to recognize the logo after painting, because if I spray it, it will then no longer be visible. In addition, I would be interested in how I can attached the individual consoles together and then hang it on the wall. I guess the best (and most convenient) solution would be a normal craft glue, which then becomes invisible after drying, right?

I hope you can help me with my project a little, of course I provide you with small updates and photos (:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if you're aware (since you said you were buying the consoles), but those are probably just shells, not actual consoles. So don't go spending a bunch of money on actual consoles to put on a wall, get just the shells. :P

Anyways, I don't have answers to everything but I'll give you a few. For one, to save the logos, just put tape or cardboard over the logo when you're going to paint it. That should protect the logo's from being painted over, and then they'd be relatively visible with the paint. Although, if I'm gonna be honest here, I think what they did is 100% ugly. If I were going to put consoles up on my wall it'd be as is, not painted over like that, so you could actually appreciate the consoles for what they aren't, not some grey blob. Might as well paint over the Mona Lisa while they're at it.

To put it on a wall, the best way would probably be to take super glue or double sided tape and secure it to something that you could then hang on the wall. If you're gonna use super glue, you could probably use some poster board or something to secure them to, paint the posterboard (or don't, whatever) then screw that into the wall. In the case of double sided tape you could just tape the console shells to the wall itself (as long as it's safe for wall use, and won't strip the paint when you take it off :P). They should be light enough to be supported by double sided tape, but after a while the tape might wear off a little bit and the shells could fall. But for super glue, it'd be more permanent, so if you ever wanted to rearrange them you'd likely have to get more of whatever you secure them to (cuz it'll likely ruin it when you try to remove them).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users