Hacking Question game not started "a software update is required", what to do?

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
my friend is having this problem, loaded zelda botw on her switch for the first time and it asking her for update, she in 5.1, and already deleted all network on her switch one she started using SX OS, she used different dump of the game, and also real card of the game.

what to do?

i am on 4.1 and the game never asked for an update.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my friend is having this problem, loaded zelda botw on her switch for the first time and it asking her for update, she in 5.1, and already deleted all network on her switch one she started using SX OS, she used different dump of the game, and also real card of the game.

what to do?

Probably just a game update.
Pretty sure you can install it via Dev Menu, though I dont mess around with backup loading/installing so im not sure.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try using CDNSP to download the latest zelda botw update and then install it with the devmenu. If you have hulu installed there is now a devmenu for that as a donor. If not there is a devmenu for bayonetta JPN and SMO. I just loaded it up with one of those "carts" and installed pokequest to load the devmenu from there though.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either start the game without updating every time (choosing the top option when it nags) or just let it update after removing autorcm and booting in ofw.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this same problem. enter maintenane mode by holding both volum +/- down when you turn it on. it'll enter an iitialization screen. DONT select anything and just hold the (power buton) down for 12secs to turn it off. the update should be gone.

Reactions: aos10

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what to do?

That happened to me on OCTOPATH TRAVELER, I reinstalled the game, restarted SX OS, and it's working fine now.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the pinned Games Required Firmware version
1. First make sure you cancel the upgrade!
2. Then press the power button and hold for about 5 seconds
3. Choose power off
4. Hold down VOL+ and VOL- and pres simultaneously the power button
5. Choose update but do not update... instead cancel the process!
6. Shut down the console and restart normally

Reactions: mohalz

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just boot to OFW and update. There's no evidence that updating games in OFW will get you banned. It's certainly safer and way easier than DevMenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT