Game patching doesn't work anymore, is it because of luma?

Elliii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A couple of months ago I started hacking my New 2DS XL and it went great. Then I started to patch some games like Majoras Mask and Animal Crossing and everything worked. Some days ago I had troubles with luma where it crashed quite often but after I manually updated it, it went back to normal.

Now my problem: since then game patching just doesn't work anymore and I tried everything!

I checked and unchecked the game patching option, updated luma and godmode9, re downloaded the patch and the game (Majoras Mask, Project Restoration) but nothing helps. I noticed that installing patches via cia works great so I don't understand the problem. I'm confused because it worked for a long time but suddenly it's impossible. I think it has something to do with luma, because it got an update around that time.

Any help is appreciated because I'm losing my mind over this!

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you using the correct version of the patch for your game?
  • v110 if you have MM3D 1.1 (game card with 1.1 preinstalled)
  • v100 for MM3D 1.0 (non-updated eShop or non-updated 1.0 gamecard)
  • v100 for MM3D 1.1 (updated eShop or updated 1.0 gamecard). Try v101 only if v100 doesn't work.
  • The Korean version of the game is not supported. You will need to play on another version.

Elliii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you using the correct version of the patch for your game?
  • v110 if you have MM3D 1.1 (game card with 1.1 preinstalled)
  • v100 for MM3D 1.0 (non-updated eShop or non-updated 1.0 gamecard)
  • v100 for MM3D 1.1 (updated eShop or updated 1.0 gamecard). Try v101 only if v100 doesn't work.
  • The Korean version of the game is not supported. You will need to play on another version.
Yes I tried every version countless times, just to make sure.
When the patch was working, before the luma update, v110 worked but v100 crashed my 2DS so hard, that I had to reformat my SD Card

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normaly the 3DS searches first for luma on SD Card, if not there then in Nand.

But i recogniced a issue with 10.3, too. when i updated from 10.2.1 all out of region games disappeared. I needed to disable game patching in luma settings because of that.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

But i recogniced a issue with 10.3, too. when i updated from 10.2.1 all out of region games disappeared. I needed to disable game patching in luma settings because of that.
Hmmmm.... that's really weird.... I also use the latest version of luma and project restoration and have absolutely no problems

Elliii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Would it be better to just wait for the next Luma update? Aside from game patching, everything works fine, I don't want to make it worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...