Gameboy Advance Backlight mod issue

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a replacement shell as well as a kit for an AGS-101 screen and adapter for my Gameboy Advance. I went ahead and put everything together but I found out that when I put a little bit of pressure on part of the case (usually on or near the screen) or flex the Gameboy, it freezes and locks up, during gamplay. I don't understand what is happening here. I'm imagining something in there is shorting when I press it but I don't know what. It looked like the wire I soldered for the back light might have been touching another contact. So I re-soldered it and made sure it's not touching anything else. Put it all back together. Same issue. Could it have something to do with having to bend the ribbon cable for the screen? All of the guides I watched, said you need to bend it so I figured that would be okay. Other than the cable and the soldered wire, I can't figure out what else it might be. It's bothering me so much. I can't play without it locking up from sometimes even just pressing the buttons or jostling the system. Anyone with experience on this have any possible idea?

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Put kapton (or electric) tape to insulate the ribbon cable, it can short with the motherboard and it's probably what's happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, What?