GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi

Mr Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
how do i completley uninstall it so that the gc backup loader doesnt come up saying Failed to read DVD 345 when i play my non backup games via the disc channel?

i tried going back to 3.2E but then i installed the softmii thing and it still came up

do u think softmii plays gc backups via the gc backup launcher?
also when i played a wii backup with softmii it ran it like a regular wii disc

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a bit of a problem here.

I've followed every bit of instruction to the T; however, I'm getting an error code with xi.

ilbme9.png

I've tried Verbatim DVD-R/+Rs, Sony DVD-R/+Rs, burnspeed at 2.4x, burnspeed at 3x, MultiIso and non-MultiIso, different programs other than ImgBurn... and I still get this error.

Any idea on what to do?

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That error means its not recognizing the media. You will get this when using original Gamecube games for the same reason. It expects DVD-R. Try installing one of the mioses from the Xi package. You have the choice of v4 (for datel disc compatibility), v5, & v8.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed the v8 mios. Still no go; got the same message. Tried the v4 mios, no bones. I'm trying the v5 mios now.

I'm gonna burn one last time... this'll be my 9th DVD though I believe... wish me luck.

EDIT: I just tried putting in a DVD+R again. I get an entirely different error saying that it can't find a disk. This is different from the error I get with DVD-Rs... could it be a bad ISO dump? It's Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

Mr Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Mr Slayer said:
how do i completley uninstall it so that the gc backup loader doesnt come up saying Failed to read DVD 345 when i play my non backup games via the disc channel?

i tried going back to 3.2E but then i installed the softmii thing and it still came up

ive just tried to uninstall the mios thing and the installer kept saying it couldnt find some stuff and then it came up with an error

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mr Slayer said:

What are you doing? When you installed the gc backup launcher you installed the cMIOS which has overwritten your original MIOS. The only way to "deinstall" the cMIOS is to just install ANY nintendo MIOS.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rklamer said:
Got a bit of a problem here.

I've followed every bit of instruction to the T; however, I'm getting an error code with xi.

ilbme9.png

I've tried Verbatim DVD-R/+Rs, Sony DVD-R/+Rs, burnspeed at 2.4x, burnspeed at 3x, MultiIso and non-MultiIso, different programs other than ImgBurn... and I still get this error.

Any idea on what to do?

Please check first if your Wii backups are working with the Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma. The Wii Backup Launcher must display IOS249 in the down right corner to be absolutely sure. If cioscorp or softmii is working, that doesn't mean that IOS249 is correctly installed.

Here is an explanation of the error codes:

The read error 0x31100 means that one sector is not readable on the disc. You need to burn a new copy, clean the disc or clean the laser.

The read error 0x40800 means that the DVD-R is not detected, because there is no IOS249 with backup support installed (Note: This error code should only be possible in homebrew games/programs).

The read error 0x52400 means disc is not a backup (e.g. original Wii game) and IOS249 is not installed or doesn't have backup support.

The read error 0x53000 means disc is not detected, because IOS249 is not installed or doesn't have backup support.

The read error 0x53100 means disc is not a backup. You put in an original Wii game instead of a GC backup. You will also get the "error occured" screen.

The read error 0x1023a00 means that there is no disc inserted.

The read error 0x3023a00 means disc is completly wrong (e.g. turn disc around, disc not burned, disc too small minimum ~1 GByte).

Switching between MIOS versions will only fix problems starting Action Replay ("error occured" message). The next version of the GC Backup Launcher will patch the MIOS v5 and v8 to support Action Replay (still only working with original games).

EDIT: Can someone post the error code for DVD+R book type wrong and bad burn?

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next version of the GC Backup Launcher will patch the MIOS v5 and v8 to support Action Replay (still only working with original games).

Does this mean no Action replay backup support (via dol or disc) in next version?

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey WiiGator, I am definitely a little heavy with it but are I don't know if you have seen my post : are you aware of the problem of the time?
When a game is started, the time is always the same (01/01/2000 I think). It is a bit annoying in some games like Animal Crossing.
Do you think is is fixable?
Thank you again for your great work, that's amazing =)

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linuks: That I would expect fixed in next version. He just finished reading through this blog so i'm sure he saw it.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buzbee said:
The next version of the GC Backup Launcher will patch the MIOS v5 and v8 to support Action Replay (still only working with original games).

Does this mean no Action replay backup support (via dol or disc) in next version?

Yes, there will be no support, because I assume that Action Replay use the memory at 0x80001800 which is already used by the GC Backup Launcher. There can be only one in this memory range.

@Linuks
I know that the time is wrong. This normally has no effect. I assume that the time is correct if you use one of the methods:
1. Game started with button "B".
2. Game started from disc channel and then with button "B".

Can you please test if one of the methods work. You need to delete the save games before to be sure.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think (hope) he is aware of this problem because he is likely to have a lot of beta testers.
Just wait & see for the next release
smile.gif

EDIT : thxs for your answer but when I press B (mios patcher), the game can't load and i just get a black screen.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can confirm Buzbee's post, I thought that it used the 1800 address when I tried editing it but it does not use it.

Wow how'd you get that many ARs? I can understand 1.08, 1.14a and b, but the others are pretty hard to find.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think all datel dols use 0x80003100 as their load address & entry point. I have checked the following dols:

Action Replay 1.06
Action Replay 1.08
Action Replay 1.09
Action Replay 1.14a
Action Replay 1.14b
Freeloader 1.06b

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buzbee said:
I think all datel dols use 0x80003100 as their load address & entry point. I have checked the following dols:

Action Replay 1.06
Action Replay 1.08
Action Replay 1.09
Action Replay 1.14a
Action Replay 1.14b
Freeloader 1.06b

I didn't mean the address of the graphical application, which you can see. I mean the hidden code. The games are already at 0x80003100. How do you think AR will work? It need to use a different address for the in game hacking stuff, if this is more than just a simple patch for the game.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will see if emu_kidid (GCOS author) can post his input in this forum. He incorporated the prepatched Action Replay v1.08 dol into GCOS 1.5 for Gamecube over 3 years ago. The patched dols bypassed the load/eject process to work with Game ID that GCOS detected before GCOS loaded the dol.

In the last version of GCOS, Action Replay was replaced by a Cheat Engine (by biolizard89?) from Fuzziqer Software. It was based off the cheat engine included in the GameCube Action Replay Simulator and Control Simulator (GCARS). Cheats must be added using a very dodgy interface but they do work. A Cheat DB Loader was planned for next release but later scrapped since no more GCOS versions were released. So, we would have fun inputting codes with this method. The source is included in GCos1.x(beta) for the cheat engine http://tehwii.tehskeen.com/userfile.php?articleid=977

http://www.fuzziqersoftware.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn