Gamecube full dvd case replacement

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't find them new in any shop - your best bet is to ask at ***emblergames, the peeps there usualy have one or two laying around with the wrong colors.

Reactions: Cylent1

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked a while ago and they were either hard to find or expensive (this was over a period of time).

You may want to consider looking at a Wii instead, I’m mainly keeping my GC connected for Gameboy Player.

polychromeuganda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The case that can hold a full size DVD isn't really the be-all and end-all it might seem to be. The games all fit on mini-DVD. Blank mini-DVD-R media isn't priced outrageously enough to make an upper case pay off at the present outlandish price people are asking for the case half. I think I bought 5 10 disk cakeboxes of blank Ritek 8cm DVD-R in 2003, and 2 remain unopened, around 30 discs at a price difference of no more than 50 cents. I got a translucent purple full disk case top with flashing blue lights that proved to be useless in both senses. The best thing about it is that its color remained stable while the Nintendo indigo plastic on the rest of the case discolored. I'll sell it on eBay for the outrageous price people are getting for them if I ever run across the original upper case I put somewhere safe 16 years ago. I recall something from back then to the effect that the DVD drive in the GameCube may be a little short on radial travel to actually read all the way to the outer edge of a full size DVD. I don't find anything about that on a quick search, but maybe that's because it doesn't matter for 1.4GB backups.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why? RadioShack sucks and is horribly over-priced on almost everything in the store.
Same could be said of most real world shops.

That said if you have a better place that was at least once nationwide and consistently stocked electrical components such that you could run down there quickly, internally scream "damn the expense" before returning with the thing to sort your project/fix your item then please do share with the class. Radioshack UK went many years ago (the same company was called Tandy in the UK but had things called radioshack as well. A quick search says 1999 was when they went which is in line with my memory of the matter) but the rough equivalent after that of Maplin went bankrupt last year. I just about have some other things I can get by with but it is annoying not to have it as an option, and have found myself having to stock up on certain things rather than have them available to me.

As far as 3d printing goes here. I don't know what gear their local radioshack will have but be prepared to hand finish it, and possibly look up acetone wiping -- for certain plastics this can make the surface finish quite nice, for others it will not do much or not do as good (or break things). The common 3d printer plastic of ABS is one of the better ones for this.

Reactions: JakobAir

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe