Gamepad broke. Do I need to buy a new gamepad or is there a mod that will allow me to use the console without it?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U can use the WiiU without gamepad. Only if u need to go into system settings or certain games need it. Mine is always off powered by a switch at the batterycover.

If you dont have a wiiremote or pro-controller.
And If u first load it everytime over homebrew launcher, then not. I iam right there is a possibilty to autorun it.

U can go into HBl by launching it from the cold boot haxchi menu (enter it by holding home button if autboot... is displayed), then moving with sync button and choosing with doubble press. But i dont have atm an idea how to move inside the hbl without remote.

Another solution would be, changing the through cbhc launching hbl.elf with hid2vpad.elf (needs renamed) on your SD Card. Maybe it works...

Other possibilitys to move inside hbl, source: hbl controls
  • You can now press the + button on the GamePad to switch into DPAD mode.
  • In this DPAD mode, the GamePad's touch screen will stop responding, and a pointer will show up on screen. The user can then use the DPAD to move this pointer around on the screen, and use the A button to trigger an action.
  • Pressing + again will revert to touch screen mode.
  • Note that due to the way that this works, in DPAD mode, the actions of the DPAD and A buttons are overridden, so their previous actions will no longer work. However, in the case of HBL, this is not an issue.
  • The same process can be performed on Wii Remote controllers, which is useful for those who want to use a Wii Remote but do not have a functioning sensor bar.
  • Theoretically, users should also be able to use Classic Controllers and Wii U Pro Controllers in the same manner, however I am not in possession of these devices, and so cannot guarantee that this works.
  • I added a new image file which represents the GamePad's pointer icon.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.