Gamers start campaign to end Wii U/3DS region locking.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 17,059
  • Replies 186
  • Likes 15
D

Deleted_171835

OP
256868-aaheader.jpg

Inspired by the successful #NoDRM campaign aimed at Microsoft and Sony, gamers around the Web now hope to convince Nintendo to stop region-locking its systems. Cheesemeister from the NeoGAF forum, has compiled a massive list of Miiverse posts, as users take the pleas directly to Nintendo's proprietary social network.

Folks on Twitter have also joined in, with the hashtags #EndRegionLocking and #NintendoRegionFree being used, alongside an official Twitter account for the campaign, @EndRegionLocking. In addition, Reddit posts are being made as well as the usual petition.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/gamers-campaign-to-end-wii-u-region-locking-256868.phtml

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly never cared about region locks because I've pretty much never imported a game before (I only imported KH Final Mix, but only to add to my collection, not to play.)
But I guess I can see why some people don't like it if they live in an area (like Europe) that doesn't always get the same games as the US/Japan or get the games super late compared to the US/Japan. It was annoying as fuck that a good number of Wii games were only in Japan and didn't come out of Japan until many years later.

Reactions: DinohScene

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every platforms today are region free... Except Nintendo! Yes a million times yes! Nintendo should go with the flow and stop having region locks on their consoles! Xbox 360 and PS3 are region free (Some games are region locked though) Xbox One and PS4 are going to be region free. PC has always been region free. Nintendo really needs to stop region locking their consoles as it kills importation.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"My Body Is Region Free!" o_0

I don´t care about the Region-Lock, I would never import a Japanese game, because it's in F****** Japanese.
But if the people want, it won't hurt to join the campaign......
lol I don't know any Japanese but I still play imports. They are pretty fun a lot of the time, since there is plenty of stuff we never see over outside of X place. We can pick up titles like rhythm games, licensed games that turned out awesome (jump ultimate stars), and the oddities we just wouldn't see outside of japan.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm willing to bet that Nintendo implemented the region lock because of age ratings across different countries. I think the most likely reason is so that they can prevent people importing cheaper games from abroad.

Then again, roles have reversed recently and it's mostly Europe getting some good stuff recently.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
A good campaign... But all I can say is good luck, because Nintendo will never agree to it.

(And yes, I'll support this anti-RL)

Reactions: Nebz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.